• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of Interest has anyone ever used "Engine Flush" when doing a Oil and Filter change? I picked up some "Wynn's Engine Flush" today but on the Instruction it mentions to add this to the old oil after heating the engine to Normal temperature, then hold the revs at about 2000rpm For 10 Mins before draining :icon_eek:. Surley they can't be seriouse?

Cheers

Jasper

Just out of Interest has anyone ever used "Engine Flush" when doing a Oil and Filter change? I picked up some "Wynn's Engine Flush" today but on the Instruction it mentions to add this to the old oil after heating the engine to Normal temperature, then hold the revs at about 2000rpm For 10 Mins before draining :icon_eek:. Surley they can't be seriouse?

Cheers

Jasper

I won't use flush, don't see the point with it when using a decent quality engine oil.

Regards

Leon

I think it might be the best Idea Leon. I have read on the net that a car thats done High Mileage could suffer when useing this engine flush!! apparantly it cleans all the Carbon deposits and sludge from the engine which sometimes helps make a seal on a high Mileage motor :hmm:.....

I think it might be the best Idea Leon. I have read on the net that a car thats done High Mileage could suffer when useing this engine flush!! apparantly it cleans all the Carbon deposits and sludge from the engine which sometimes helps make a seal on a high Mileage motor :hmm:.....

:thumbs: the only cleaning your engine needs is the barium and magnesium based detergents already in a quality oil.

Regards

Leon

Millet were you present when the main dealer was pouring the engine flush into your engine ? Its an old con mate,adds a few quid to the bill.Engine flush is bad news,and if used on older higher mileage engines,very bad news.I've built hundreds of engines,some to a very high spec (race and rally) never have and never would put engine flush near them.Modern oils have detergents and emulsifiers in them,so no need for extra cleaning,just change your oil and filters regularly.Most engine wear occurs at start up,if you've removed the old oil and any tar,carbon,gum deposits with the engine flush,then what is stopping metal to metal untill the new oil has circulated.Another problem is hydraulic tappets,and tensioners being contaminated with engine flush.Honestly mate,it serve's no usefull purpose.

Well I bit the Bullet and did the Oil change today. On the Navara Forum they adviced that the D22 was filled to 7.2 Litres with filter change, well all I can say is not mine :hmm:, I went ahead with their figures to the the nearest ML and drove the motor about 6 miles and returned, left it for a good 15 mins and boy it was well over! I must have taken at least a litre and a half back out before I got anywhere near the level :blink:.

Anyway all sorted now, the only problem I have had is when I brought the filter kit the Fuel filter they supplied had a totaly different water trap at the bottom, when I took my water trap off the old filter to put it back on the new one the thread was alot larger, the original thread on the fuel trap is about 10mm, the new filters thread was about 25 - 30mm.

I contacted the guy on the net and he told me he sent me one for a 2001 by mistake but to keep it and he'll send me another one, the only thing he did say which I question if anyone body can fill me in is he recons the new filters are a solid unit and come without a water trap on the bottom? any ideas please?

Cheers

Jasper

Thats more like it Leon!! I looked it up on the Castrol website below as to which oil to use and it also gave capacities which was way out of 7.2 litres :blink:....

Application Recommendation Capacity (ltr)

Engine (DT) Castrol's best oil for your vehicle EDGE TURBO DIESEL 0W-30 (g) 7.2

Alternative recommendation MAGNATEC DIESEL 10W-40 B3 (g)

Manual Transmission SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 5

Automatic Transmission

Differential (d) 1.3 / 2.8

Coolant (30%) ANTIFREEZE 9.5

Multi-purpose grease LM GREASE

Front Differential SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 1.3

Mechanical steering SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL

Power Steering ATF TQ DIII

Brake & Clutch Fluid RESPONSE DOT 4

Transfer Box SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 2.3

Thats more like it Leon!! I looked it up on the Castrol website below as to which oil to use and it also gave capacities which was way out of 7.2 litres :blink:....

Application Recommendation Capacity (ltr)

Engine (DT) Castrol's best oil for your vehicle EDGE TURBO DIESEL 0W-30 (g) 7.2

Alternative recommendation MAGNATEC DIESEL 10W-40 B3 (g)

Manual Transmission SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 5

Automatic Transmission

Differential (d) 1.3 / 2.8

Coolant (30%) ANTIFREEZE 9.5

Multi-purpose grease LM GREASE

Front Differential SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 1.3

Mechanical steering SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL

Power Steering ATF TQ DIII

Brake & Clutch Fluid RESPONSE DOT 4

Transfer Box SYNTRAX UNIVERSAL 2.3

Sorry to state the obvious Jasper 7.2 pints would be about 4.1 litres. :doh: