Knee Pads For Mole Catching

How long does it take U to set a trap then. I know im the younger than most mole trappers ;) by the time your kneeling down its time to get back up again

Well mate funny you should ask,cause im CERTAINLY not one of the fastest molecatchers, but it doesnt bother me.I have never rushed setting a mole trap,and im comfortable with it.

Then again, im not trying to set 2 or 3 traps,per mole. LOL

i dont either 1 per mole on agri land or private gardens with a good travel distance i will put 2 or 3 per mole

There you go then,youll be making good money,being fast, and highly efficient at it. LOL

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quad bikes rule, it means you have a life after work, when on foot , all i wanted to do after dark was sit, once i got a bike, i was out lamping with dogs or gun, pick up days , thurday /friday were a

Yep, ive an old camping kip mat cut into squares and tucked into the knee pockets of my work trousers. Saves alot of grumbling.

Well mate funny you should ask,cause im CERTAINLY not one of the fastest molecatchers, but it doesnt bother me.I have never rushed setting a mole trap,and im comfortable with it.

I always put two traps per mole no one is perfect and you will get a trap filled from time to time............. It is much more cost affective to catch him on your first check rather than having to set a fresh trap and make a second visit. Most of my mole work is on foot and on good ground i average 15-20 traps per hour so thats fast enough imo.

I always put two traps per mole no one is perfect and you will get a trap filled from time to time............. It is much more cost affective to catch him on your first check rather than having to set a fresh trap and make a second visit. Most of my mole work is on foot and on good ground i average 15-20 traps per hour so thats fast enough imo.

I've pondered on this myself. On the farm where I can check the traps as part of walking the dog I'll often only set one per mole because I'm under no time constraints. For the same reason I'll often leave the trap for three days and re-set it in the same hole after catching for another few days. But recently I did a few garden jobs for friends of friends whereby the travelling time was greater than the time taken to survey the area and set some traps. On that basis I set two per mole and where I couldn't establish where one run started and the other finished I'd err on the side of caution and go for overkill. I'm sure that saved me time and money especially when I had 6 out of one small area.

I have had two doubles out of the same set of hills before now so one trap wouldn't of got the job done. But i will stick the odd trap in an old run or set of hills just on the off chance of a catch. But as a rule it's two traps for every mole, works for me as i'm sure other peoples methods work for them.

was always two per mole for me on agri, 4 per mole gardens, tho its difficult to work out how many moles are in any given area, some sets of workings just looked undergunned with only one trap set, like butler said, leaves a little bit for error and always a chance of getting a neighbouring mole aswell, money in the bank, 30 odd seconds to find run and set a trap, 50-60% catch rate, worked for me

" 30 odd seconds to find run and set a trap " Thats good going mate, ive heard about you, and dont doubt it.Im also aware of the large amounts being laid per day, by experienced men. But ,with the use of a quad ,of course ! Now, i wonder if " Nod " would give you a run for your money here.............. LOL ( Im sorry lads im only messing) he-he

quad bikes rule, it means you have a life after work, when on foot , all i wanted to do after dark was sit, once i got a bike, i was out lamping with dogs or gun, pick up days , thurday /friday were a doddle, used for ferreting , rabbiting , just about everything to do wi work and hauling numbers of traps about, if your a pro and dont use a bike , u need to get modern, i said for years i didnt need a bike, my mate told me to get one , wouldnt work without one now if i was still moling

• Like 2

quad bikes rule, it means you have a life after work, when on foot , all i wanted to do after dark was sit, once i got a bike, i was out lamping with dogs or gun, pick up days , thurday /friday were a doddle, used for ferreting , rabbiting , just about everything to do wi work and hauling numbers of traps about, if your a pro and dont use a bike , u need to get modern, i said for years i didnt need a bike, my mate told me to get one , wouldnt work without one now if i was still moling

I know what you mean,i was advised recently, that i should give up my horse and cart,for one of those modern machines........what they called again ? thats right , cars !

interesting reading these posts by experienced mole catchers,i see some people say they set one or two traps per mole,for someone that doesnt know much about mole trapping how can you tell how many moles there are in a field / garden?

You cant exactly.(most of the time) When your experienced,you can estimate,and you often get it pretty close.For example, i recently completed a garden job, " how many do you think youll catch " asked the householder.Based on the activity levels,and the size of the area,i said between 6 to 12 moles.Turned out i got 12 ,her man cleared the hills,and it was clear for three weeks.Then a few hills were heaved up again, i got two more.This was new moles moving into the cleared territory.