Springer Help And Advice

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shot the hw97kt sfs stage 2 on Sunday. What an amazing rifle I just loved it when its run in it will be even better Its very accurate at 25 meters I would get pellet on pellet for 4 shots then I

The HW97 everyday of the week mate! I would snap his hand off at that price as well because it would cost about another £200 to get the same rifle with the same stage 2 tune brand new from tony and yo

hi buddy i have 2 AATX200HC's.177 & a HW97KT syn. 22 which is just being stage 2 tuned by SFS,after shooting Si's .22 and as you say you will be using it for HFT,then sorry you have to choose the

I've heard many people really rate a vmach kit in their tx and their 97's but never shot one myself! I can only vouch for Tony's work I'm afraid mate which is spot on! I think your leaning towards the tx from how your posts have come across.

They are brilliant out the box and I don't know one person that hasn't given them a glowing report, it is cheaper as you stated which will save you money and if its for plinking and light work it will be great but if you ever want to take the sport to the next level and get serious about groupings, target shooting, entering competitions the 97 s2 tuned will do all that as well without any extra work to it provided you can shoot straight. It's by no means a miracle gun that makes you a pro straight of the bat. Just makes it slightly easier the better you get and completely smooth to boot which can only help with accuracy.

The choice has to be yours ultimately mate. There is no right or wrong choice here but for me its the 97 as after Tony's work in my mind a tx doesn't come close for the pleasure to shoot factor!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys

Would fitting a vmach kit to the tx make it a better rifle than a sfs s2 97kt

It would make the 2 of them the same price .

Or is a sfs s2 tune just something special and nothing can touch it.

hi buddy

i am not sure about that,but i will tell you know in a couple of weeks,i have a V-mach kit on order for my other TX and my 97 is being st2 by SFS.

but you have to remember that the V-mach kit is a replacement of parts,and works very well so i here,but Tony takes a lathe to parts in the tune,so i think that's where the difference is i may stand corrected? :icon_eek:

The tx200 is built better in my eye's and why would anybody want to spend £400 on a tx200 or a 97 and spend £120 to get it tuned?. When the tx200 shoots amazing out of the box.I have shot my mates 97 tuned and it diden't do anything for me.But then again im a big air arm fan i don't like WEIHRAUCH. i think there ugly gun's but thats my opinion

The tx200 is built better in my eye's and why would anybody want to spend £400 on a tx200 or a 97 and spend £120 to get it tuned?. When the tx200 shoots amazing out of the box.I have shot my mates 97 tuned and it diden't do anything for me.But then again im a big air arm fan i don't like WEIHRAUCH. i think there ugly gun's but thats my opinion

It surprises me that you don't like Weihrauch air rifles,after the TX was modelled on the HW77 by Air Arms

a lot of air gunners spend that kind of money,because they want to take part in competitions,if you think that's expensive!

then you must check out what the FT guys spend on their TX's & 97's

I just think air arm make the better looking rifle's and preformance.i have had a wh100 and sold it a week later as i was shocked that my air arm s400/s410 gave the same preformance.So why spend a lot of money when you can spend less and get a rifle that is just the same ?

Si Im Leaning towards the hw97kt .I'm asking all the tx200 questions to make sure I get this right

There is sfs tune fans and they seem to love tonys work.

Then theres others who just love tx200.

Why vmach a tx if they shoot so sweat I know you tune a hw97 because they are not perfect

When they leave the factory.

I must admit I like the look of the tx but its the best performance that im after.

Is there a big difference between a sfs tuned 97 and a home tuned one with a vmach kit fitted

I have shot a home vmach one it was nice but still had a bit of kick

What's the main difference between tonys tune and a vmach kit.

Does tony change any parts or just fettle whats there already

Valboskie best bet is to ring tony wall at SFS and ask him what works carried out in his stage 2 tune! He is a closely guarded chap and rightly so, so he might not tell you everything but you'll get an idea. Just tell him your looking to buy a second hand 97 that you believe he has previously tuned. He's a true gent and will help you out I'm sure.

Suffice to say though I already know his work involves more than taking out original components and putting in replacements!

Mawders

• Like 1

Joel why buy a HW100 and then sell it a week later because another rifle shoots as accurate? I bet my Ultra would match your AA over any distance you shoot mate. If your way of thinking is correct why dont we all shoot Ultra's as they are cheap?

Also a properly S2 tuned HW97 would shoot smoother with less recoil than a OTB TX200 any day of the week if properly bedded in mate. So thats why people do it. To think other wise is a mistake.

• Like 1

Si Im Leaning towards the hw97kt .I'm asking all the tx200 questions to make sure I get this right

There is sfs tune fans and they seem to love tonys work.

Then theres others who just love tx200.

Why vmach a tx if they shoot so sweat I know you tune a hw97 because they are not perfect

When they leave the factory.

I must admit I like the look of the tx but its the best performance that im after.

Is there a big difference between a sfs tuned 97 and a home tuned one with a vmach kit fitted

I have shot a home vmach one it was nice but still had a bit of kick

What's the main difference between tonys tune and a vmach kit.

Does tony change any parts or just fettle whats there already

Hi there,

Im not sure what a TX 200 with V Mac system shoots like mate. Ive shot a 35 with V Mac that I gave my Russian friend Sergej a few years ago and it was sweet.

When I say sweet I mean better than a OTB 35 would but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best the 35 was a 7 and my S2 97 is an 11.

At the end of the day mate you can praise a S2 tuned 97 till the cows come home for some people (not aimed at you buddy), but if their heart isn't taken by it they will not believe you and will do what their heart feels best.

My opinion is just my opinion so if someone is happy with what they have then so be it.

Si.

Edited by zini

Good post si!

In reality I know alot of spring rifle shooters whose opinion on spring rifles is that you spend all that money and they should be good out the box, and rightly so!

If that is the case then buying an AA TX200 is more than the right choice, the proofs in the pudding how good they are. But then for the majority of people so is an out the box 97. Take huntersvermin for instance on youtube, granted David can shoot bloody well but he's getting awesome results from his out the box 97.

But, then there are people that like to buy that rifle and refine it to the point its characteristics are just perfect. Everything from cocking the rifle to firing it is just a pleasure. I would never buy a spring rifle and not have it tuned apart from the pro sport as that rifle was near perfection straight from the box.

I think if you have the money and want the best from your hw then SFS has to be right up there as the choice to go for. If you just want a rifle to do the job and not ever have to tinker with or spend money on again then out the box tx just does the job.

I will say though that anybody on the fence about an SFS tune needs to find someone local and have a few shots of their rifle, if that doesn't sway you then nothing will and stick to an out the box rifle.

Valboskie ask both persons selling those guns if you can come and fire a few shots in their garden or permission and then make your mind up. You'll get conflicting reports on the net, go try each of them!

Mawders

Joel why buy a HW100 and then sell it a week later because another rifle shoots as accurate? I bet my Ultra would match your AA over any distance you shoot mate. If your way of thinking is correct why dont we all shoot Ultra's as they are cheap?

Also a properly S2 tuned HW97 would shoot smoother with less recoil than a OTB TX200 any day of the week if properly bedded in mate. So thats why people do it. To think other wise is a mistake.

Just my opinion mate.

Edited by joel56