Spinning For Trout

Managed to get out this afternoon for a couple of hours spinning on one of my local reservoirs. Weather was atrocious but it was nice to get out and managed to land a few brownies. Two of the better ones caught are shown below. Put them all back bar one which i'll have for dinner tomorrow.

ATB

Daz

post-58057-0-57022900-1362860655_thumb.jpg

post-58057-0-42212900-1362860678.jpg

• Like 4

are they stockies ?nice size

Yes stockies which were put in 3-4 weeks ago. I reckon the one in the 1st pic was around the 3lb and the other approx 2.5lb.

you can tell with there tails all chewed up much a fight of them ?

Put up a decent enough fight but i caught one which was around the 1lb and it gave a better account of itself. Hopefully the ones put back in will be given time for their tails to come fully back. Not sure if the tails are chewed up or more to do with wear and tear due to being reared in a small tank/container. Last week it was rainbows on the same reservoir and it was nice to get a few brownies as these were my first few of the season.

ATB

Tight Lines,

Daz

Off work this week so i went for a few hours this afternoon to a different reservoir which usually holds good fighting wintered trout. The weather was freezing with the odd snow shower during the couple hours i was out. It was soo cold that the eyes on the rod starting freezing over and i had to continually break off the ice. Still managed to land a couple of nice fish........and no stockies this time :laugh: . The trout in the 1st pic was just over 2lb.

ATB

Daz

post-58057-0-62084500-1363033468.jpg

post-58057-0-68510100-1363033490.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Copper and orange vagabond. They look like nothing but can be lethal on their day especially on a very slow retrieve.

Heard good reports about these, eh Benny lol. Nice fish mate.