Nothing wrong with them.

UK Custom shop always used to do all the Cut/thread/crown for imported guns, they were not unknown to make a mess of it, don't know if they still do the work on them.

The fact is there are very few makes of gun that are s**t. Howa are not the best, but they are fine guns generally. :yes:

If any issues arise it tends to be from the above engineering or "packages" of the gun bought with cheap scopes/mounts etc.

In principle :thumbs: to Howa.

I have had a Howa 1500 sporter for over three years, the factory trigger is a bit heavy at 3lb's, it has a hogue rubber stock, but as my shooting partner will varify, he also has the

beech stock model, there is'nt many foxes we have missed out to 200yds and none inside a 100yds, shooting an average of 5 a month, it will do for what we use it for.

PS: we do load our own rounds, but the hornady 40 grain v max factory loads i can well recommend!

VERY well engineered rifles indeed,my .243 weatherby vanguard,will shoot a group at a hundred yards that can be covered by a 5p piece,if you get the new weatherby, it has the new match trigger fitted,and they now guarantee, moa accuracy,get one they are the best value rifle in the country, imho.ps they are the same rifle.

Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with them.

UK Custom shop always used to do all the Cut/thread/crown for imported guns, they were not unknown to make a mess of it, don't know if they still do the work on them.

The fact is there are very few makes of gun that are s**t. Howa are not the best, but they are fine guns generally. :yes:

If any issues arise it tends to be from the above engineering or "packages" of the gun bought with cheap scopes/mounts etc.

Hi it sounds like you dont rate UK Custom shop, i have two Howas from them and so do a few of my mates and there is nothing wrong with the screw cutting or crowns, i only got the guns no extras and put Titanium mounts and S/B scopes on never had a problem.

Nothing wrong with them.

Hi it sounds like you dont rate UK Custom shop, i have two Howas from them and so do a few of my mates and there is nothing wrong with the screw cutting or crowns, i only got the guns no extras and put Titanium mounts and S/B scopes on never had a problem.

UK Custom shop did some appalling work on the threads etc of Howa in the early days.

Perhaps you got lucky or someone else does them now!

I rate their Predator 8 as a package, but generally not much impressed with them, got one gun from them and a lot of grief.

Thats life!