Dog Wheezing

ive had my own dogs for about 5 year now and ive been very lucky with them as in ive never had a trip to the vets apart from jags they had the odd skin tear and sickness which ive sorted myself now the whipxgrey i have now has been healthy and fit as feck over this season and ive been happy with his condition but the last few days he has been wheezing every so often its like he needs to clear his throught like a hair ball it might be kennel cough i dont know also the dog is fed on raw we buy it from the butchers but recently my partner has been boiling it off and when it cools theres a 1/2 inch thing lining of solid fat so i might be pariniod but im worried its clogging the dog up he normally does about 5 mile on the bike with me every other day but he only managed 1 mile and i had to walk him home coz he was fecked do you think it could just be kennel cough or should i change his food cheers Bryson

Is he coughing ? Kennel cough is a real harsh bark type cough - really obvious. If he isn't coughing and is sounding wheezy, then he could have a chest infection - best have his lungs listened to by someone who knows what they are doing.

Hope he is ok :thumbs:

Could it be that reverse sneezing.had a dog before used to do it quite bad thought he was finished when he first done it took it to vet checked his nose and throat and said its reverse sneezing nothing to worry about google it or look on youtube seems its quite common but id never heard of it might not be that but worth a look

Rest him completely, keep him warm, well hydrated, feed easy to digest food, and yes, that includes raw food, just keep him away from bones as he may have a sore throat. Don't exercise a dog if it isn't well: not a lot of fun having to run beside a bike if you have the canine equivalent of flu.

Feel the glands just back of his jaws: if they are swollen it means he is fighting an infection: here's where to feel: see photo. Normally the glands would be very small, but in a sick dog they can feel as large as half a small soft boiled egg, like a soft swelling, kind of roundish.

post-5156-0-48290100-1362087763.jpg

If he doesn't improve within a couple of days then see a vet: could be pneumonia if he's been working with kennel cough and an infection has got into his lungs.

Rest him completely, keep him warm, well hydrated, feed easy to digest food, and yes, that includes raw food, just keep him away from bones as he may have a sore throat. Don't exercise a dog if it isn't well: not a lot of fun having to run beside a bike if you have the canine equivalent of flu.

Feel the glands just back of his jaws: if they are swollen it means he is fighting an infection: here's where to feel: see photo. Normally the glands would be very small, but in a sick dog they can feel as large as half a small soft boiled egg, like a soft swelling, kind of roundish.

attachicon.gifFeeling-the-submandibular-g.jpg

If he doesn't improve within a couple of days then see a vet: could be pneumonia if he's been working with kennel cough and an infection has got into his lungs.

thanks for the advise guys i should of stated in the post that i was first concerned when he couldnt do his normal bike routine ive never had him out since i realised he struggled apart from on the lead just short walks as for keeping him hydrated ive noticed hes been taking in alot more water than he normally does cheers again