Slightly Dripping Nose

Guys got this new ferret today and i noticed when i got him home his nose dripped every now and then,his eyes are fine, bum fine,ears good,pads good just his nose.eating well trying to shag the jills,so got plenty of energy,any ideas slight cold maybe or just the wind making it drip,oh yeh its clear like water off his nose.

Would just keep an eye on it for now, could be nothing, could be a number of things. I'd call up the person you got him off and ask if they'd noticed any nasal discharge. If it is a viral issue (early stage) your other ferts are at risk of contracting it, so keep an eye for symptoms with them too.

If his nose keeps dripping, try to see if it is coming out of one nostril or both. Also if the discharge changes and starts crusting, thickening or changing colour or any sneezing/coughing/rubbing at his face along with eating/toileting changes etc.

Hopefully he just has a mild irritation to the upper respiratory organs/tract which may simply be from being in a new place and having too many new places/bedding etc to stick his nose in. Let us know how he fares. Atb.

Would just keep an eye on it for now, could be nothing, could be a number of things. I'd call up the person you got him off and ask if they'd noticed any nasal discharge. If it is a viral issue (early stage) your other ferts are at risk of contracting it, so keep an eye for symptoms with them too.

If his nose keeps dripping, try to see if it is coming out of one nostril or both. Also if the discharge changes and starts crusting, thickening or changing colour or any sneezing/coughing/rubbing at his face along with eating/toileting changes etc.

Hopefully he just has a mild irritation to the upper respiratory organs/tract which may simply be from being in a new place and having too many new places/bedding etc to stick his nose in. Let us know how he fares. Atb.

well the owner before to be honest didnt give a sh*** as they trimmed his whiskers,the other jills were in a right state bitten up ticks on them and one had a gammy eye