Cast Of Harrises

ozzieowl

hoping to fly a cast of harris`s next season as two of my mates have bought a male and a female harris so hopefully they both get along with my 4 year old male. they have already been on walks with me whilst i have been flying and hunting my harris. but there could be a problem, the female isnt bothered by him flying around at all but just sits there and watches wheras the smaller male cheeps and makes noise when my bird flys. is this a problem or is he just nervous with my bird flying. there ok when perched near each other just when my bird is flying he does it

I tried it with my mate he as a male I've got a female .they were great to start of with then all of a suden my female just nailed his male .they ad been together in garden on perches .we Woz very lucky not to av a dead bird just be ready .try and put a.lot ov game in front ov them .i put it down to bordem. Atb

Yeh i know of a few that has had some very good flying with a cast matter of fact 3 seasons flying/hunting together then the female just turned the male over ! and these were bowed down also together,and a chap near me had 2 bowed down together then after a few mths decided to put them both in free lofted one morning he opened the mews door to find the male had been EATEN.. id be carefull guys can be done and done with devestating results on quarry but id just be carefull

• 3 weeks later...

yeh i tethered my male and female close together,,to bloody close and she knacked him ,cudnt get her off him,yes she killed him,,any way bort another male and hes flying free in aviary,with my other 12,yr old female and there sound,they were only tethered together for 4,wks,and there getting on well,but still got to watch them,,,he is 2,and she is 12,so hopfully they bond well for next yr,and they mite breed

Edited by top poacher