The misses wanted a small 4x4, we used to have a lwb vitara and it was brilliant but after 2 years of having cars and living in the countryside it's just not practical, so an opportunity came my way yesterday and I've bought a 2000 plate jimney for a very tidy price and only 70,000 miles on it. I've heard good things about these little jeeps but just wanted to know what other people's opinions are on them? Any bad points? Also my mate who I've bought it from has put some nice knobblys on it and seems to think ill never get stuck lol

king pins are a pain, usually make the steering wheel shake when braking, cured by replacing the bearings and fitting a shim to pre-load the bearing, better off fitting a damper IMO, other bad bit is they tend to rust under the rear seats and fail a MOT due to corrosion too close to rear seat belt mounts, apart from that compared to other small 4x4`s they are a very capable off roader, just wish they would bring a diesel model into the uk, really can`t understand why suzuki will not bring it in and yet bring in the kasashi with a gas guzzling petrol engine with a cvt box, jap logic defies me at times

• Like 1

Lol ok thanks for that, my mate had it serviced today as well and there's no rust to be seen at the moment it just needs a good valet as its got bird shit on the back seat from his Harris hawk lol but all I want is a reliable little jeep for the misses to get little one to school around these dreadful lanes! ( and so I can take the dogs out ;) ) cheers

wax-oyl the hell out of the floor under the seats from underneath, then put up with the smell and do the inside as well, do the brake pipes while your at it and it should keep, only weak point with small petrol suzies seems to be lamda sensors but they are fairly cheap compared to others, may be worth buying a code reader that will delete codes as they are random faults, sometimes clear for months and others come back up within days, worth a try just clearing the code and trying

Well I've been using the joy for a couple of days now and I think it's brilliant, used it off road last night and the little thing tackled most things I put In Front of it, fuel isn't as good as my old lwb vitara but it'll do for now cheers for replys. Here she is ?9E7DF4DD-F015-43CA-BCC5-81BCF18186F5-133

Good stuff! They are throwaway motors mate.

Run it into the ground, buy another, keep the old one on a SORN and use it for spares.

Thats what I did anyway :icon_redface:

Can't go on the Moor following hounds now (complicated?)

so its a van next time for me.

Cheers, D.

Well the misses loves it so gonna buy her another one and I'm gonna kit this one out, might rip the back seats out and build a cage frame for the dogs that way I can put the terrier boxes in aswell as having room for the lurcher