Venison Sausages

I wouldnt use 100% venison use 60% pork to 40%venison, i would weigh out 8.3 kf of meat to that you will need 1kg of rusk plenty of seasoning, i would also add on some small cut chestnuts and maybe some cranberrys, make sure your meat is miced through a fine plate then mix well after all that is mixed well u will need to add 1500 ml of water, mix untill a sort pf stick texture, use hog skins to will your sausge into they are alittle expenive but will make you a nice thick oven sausage hope this helps pm me if you have any questions if i havnt expalomd somthing well enough good luck

Edited to say make sure your venison is lean and your pork is 70% to 30%fat

Edited by Jack.308

Id use shoulder pork alot cheaper cut, if you ask your local butcher for some pork for makind sausage with 70% to 30%fat he'll soon sort you out, dont by a joint as you wont have enough fat to meat, you dont need an expensive cut as the taste will come from the venison

Hugh and the River Cottage people have a video called Pig for a Day, it might be on 4OD, it goes into depth about making sausages and other meat products and might give you some good ideas or an overview of the fundamentals. I've never made my own yet, but was rather found of the Venison ones from Able and Cole, hope they turn out good :-)

made my own sausages this evening, along with the venison i added pork fat (10%), fajita mix ( 1 pkt), 1 spoonful of chinese 5 spices and instead of rusk i added oats, i managed to get lamb casings aswell which was a bonus, i made a mini burger and fried it on the pan for a taste before making it into the sausages and it tasted nice, might try burgers next :thumbs:

hi, i am going to have a go at making venison sausages at the weekend, can anyone give me any ideas on what to add to meat, cheers......john

I prefer beef fat when making venison sausages.

I just go to local butchers and tell him the weight of venison i am going to use and he sells me right amount of beef trimmings, rusk, herbs(similar to cumberland mix) and skins(natural not synthetic/man-made).

Jobs a guddin. :thumbs:

ATB

Mick

Well I. Thought id let you no, as I said I was gona make some.

Spent ages cleaning the meat and getting all the hairs of, was gona make them 5pm......half 4 I took the bairn to mcdonalds....comeback and the dog had jumped on the bench and scoffed the FU.CKING LOT.

HES BACK IN THE KENNEL NOW......LOL