pigeon shooting on laid corn

it stoped raining at dinner time so i went out for a ride to se if there where any pigeons about on the cut rape went to a few farms nothing doing on the way home i saw a pigeon pull out of the sky and down on to a field got the binns out and there was a decent patch of laid corn with quite a few pigeons on it a quick call to the farmer to get the nod got set up at 5 oclock and by 730 had picked up 39 and lost at least 8 in the corn but still not a bad couple of hours heres a couple of pics

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

thats a really good bag for only a couple of hours, do you sell your pigeons or use them yourself? i shot 50 last weekend and gave me enough breast meat to last my pup just over 2 weeks then he will be back onto bunnie.

ive been doing the same this week but my shootings not up to scratch :icon_redface: a few more clays i think the most ive done is 14 in two hours the other time i went out i only got 4 but there wasnt many birds about

Edited by ferreterno1

I went out yesterday evening to shoot over some laid barley. I have seen alot of pigeons on this field over the past couple of weeks and yesterday was the first chance i had to have a go at them. End result 2 hours, 1 shot, 00 pigeons :thumbdown: I found out from a random walker who made a Mr Benn like appearance and scared me half to death that someone else had been decoying in the opposite field all day "blasting at anything and everything" So im going to leave it until next weekend and have a go then but this time im going to get there at first light.