Ns200 Range Finding.....

Whizzie

My better half got me a Nitesite NS200, and I'm incredibly impressed with it so far! But bugger me, if I haven't missed some shots, I should have bagged easily! I always go through the pre hunt mandatory zero check etc, checked the pellets are good & undamaged etc. My rifle is an air ranger in .177. It goes to work with the bottle gassed well within the sweetspot etc.

It really is a case of judging distance / range to target in darkness...

Any tips guys & gals much appreciated, guys and gals!

Whizzie

As you say mate its a total art and pain in the butt to range find at night with NV equipment. I miss more than normal at night. What I try to do is spot on a low setting and then go to the same mag to take the shot every time. This way after a bit of practice you get the idea of the size of the bunnys head against my mildots.

• Like 2

i was like that for a long time on my golf course permission,after a couple of month working hads at finding the distances in the dark things got better,but i still find it hard at times to judge distances in the dark

Thanks lads. Some good tips there.

I was fluffing & kicking the other night cos I should have come home with at least 3 nice rabbits, but got nowt! It's a big open area in places. Most spots i know the range distances very well. I think its just gonna be a case of playing with it & getting used to it.

Whizzie

This is what I do, I set my scope on the lowest setting to get the best field of view. Then set the mag to 7, when acquiring target as it's crystal clear it that setting, but you have to practise at the setting your scope suits the NS200 then you get used to the size of the rabbits head against your reticle (mil dots or other) then you can range find.

• Like 1