Terriers And Children

Hi all,

I have little experience with working terriers and I am soon to start spending some time with some friends of the family out rabbiting. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while and all being well I will look into getting one myself.

So I am interested to know peoples opinions and experiences of how working terriers mix with children in the home.

Also is there anyone on here that doesn't kennel their terriers at night?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers

My terrier is great with kids (better than he is with adults) and so was my last terrier but as with any dog don't leave them unsupervised. If I had my dogs in the house I would avoid rats like the plague and certainly keep the dog away from the kids after its had them. What's the kid like with dogs too? My daughter knows that if a dog nips her in defence because she's annoyed it she will get a smacked arse too ;)

• Like 3

I've kept and bred a lot of different terriers over 40yrs and they've lived in and out and been made part of everyday life with my kids and their friends and family without any major problems,terriers love kids and my kids would carry them around as pups by their earholes and god knows what else,just make them part of your family life,WM

this little lad is 26yrs old now

• Like 1