Middleton's"Lakelands"

Is that the Spider that was owned by B.Mc and W.S. amongst others?

My first terrier was out of a John Cowan bitch (Lassie), my terrier had a 'top-knot' as would a Bedlington, used to always try to cut it off as working Beddies were almost unheard of back then, an anyways, it looked daft!!! Remember 'ol Albert Beumont stopping me about the dog, interested in the top knot (i'd not cut it for a bit!) he said that quite a few old lines of lakeland/fell dogs carried this trait, with a lot of messers tryin to breed it out.....as well as working ability!!!

If you mean BMc from Liverpool who then went in to lurchers, yes, I believe he is no longer in to working dogs, I assume WS is that famous t*t head who was never a terrierman but an out and out bull shitter that aquired quality retired terriers, bred them, and then tried to do the talk, out and out prick. tHE REASON WHY OLD TERRIERS SHOULD NOT BE PASSED AROUND TO BEEL ENDS LIKE HIM.

Our sport is better of with out pri** like him, good riddence

You obviouisly have been around, good to know there are proper, or seem proper lads on site, goog luck

PS Hope Scott isnt your mate! F**CK IT, IF SO DROP HIM HES A WRONG IN

Ha! My f****n mate :no: .......you must be jokin, we met when we/I was young, even back then, as keen as I was it was clear he was a 'feckin Helmet' and boy could he gab.......pure shite, stayed well clear from then after!!!

He got the Spider dog well into its working life, well marked it was paraded round as if he'd done all the diggin to it and as we know HE NEVER!! I did hear that he was on speaking terms with Phil Drabbell ( who wrote 'of pedigree unknown') and 'ol Phil paraded HIM round at shows, using him as a 'yardstick' as to what a terrier man is!!!

Yep, B.Mc was, I belive, the first owner of Spider, seen his albums, with the dog as a sapling. He's now having a 'long holiday' curtesy of King Juan Carlos of Spain, shame, or he'd still be working dogs.

Cheers

Couldn't wait so I just dug out the pics now! The 2 photos are of my dog Toby. These dogs were bred in Lancashire 78/79 from a Middleton dog called Nugget and a non GM black and tan Lakie. This dog had the reputation of being too hard and his pups were of a similar vein. Although fairly large by today's standards they could "get". Hope this helps some. Cheers, Dytkos (not my real name!)

post-10409-1187994173_thumb.jpg

post-10409-1187994209_thumb.jpg