High Seat

I have a 15 foot 2 man high seat. (not sure exactly how it compares to the ones on your ebay) My teenage son and I have sat in it together. I'm 175 pounds and he's 125. Just to look at you wouldn't think its all that stout but it feels very safe and steady. I use the straps that came with it to secure it to the tree but mine is only out 2-1/2 months of the year and then back in storage. Everyone I know that leaves them out year round chunks the straps and secures with a good stout bit of chain at the seat level and again 1/2 way down the ladder and uses with a ladder brace against the tree trunk. Do you do the same there?

Edited by Art

I have a couple of these seats & phill is right about the rest, i cured this by putting a 6in board across the front ,fixed with the dreaded cable ties, screwed a 6in upstand to this , and put 22mm pipe insullation on the top edge,the seats are cheap & you only get what you pay for .I have various other seats the best i.ve got are the jaeger ones ,galvanised,these are the dogs bo..ocks,but are top money ,i would expect to get 3or 4 years out of the cheap ones ,anything over that i'l be pleased.

Totally Free of Charge...??? ....... ;) ..............Stop being mean Phill ,word has it your've got more money than you could shake a stick at ....whistling.gif ...............

..be out EG next week if you fancy it .

Nope you don't have a boat and money, it's one or the other, I used to then I bought a boat

Yep sure am keep me informed free all week

You must be in the dodgey part of sussex , people round here would'nt dream of stealing, goodness me !!!................ ;)

Obviously you not erecting them in Scotland.

Its part of some deerstalkers training to nick them of other stalkers, they also must have tuition off Paul Daniels as well because they also re appear as if by magic in other areas . especially around the surrounding Glasgow areas. :yes::whistling:

Full details and cutting list on how to make a wooden Thetford High seat can be found here.

http://deerstalking-uk.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=294

Edited by Caprelous