A block built kennel ..rendered..insulated and then ply lined with suitable bedding....at a suitable size is whats needed..and thats what ive got...dogs never lost one bit of weight or condition ..water bowl never froze once in the -14 temps we got last year...a factory thrown together cheap shiplap kennel is bound to get chilly despite being insulated....im on planet earth mate and me dogs are as happy and warm as larry....dont want to sound a cnut Gaz but thats how i kennel me dogs and never had a problem with the cold :thumbs:

thats haw i kennel my dogs mate but they still get cold lol. one of my lurchers looses weight every winter and i feed him extra food and jacket them up some dogs are just like that in winter, i spent a lot of time and money on my kennels and yet this is still hapening so i just go to show mate realy atb fm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a kenneled dog needs a bit more grub in winter to keep the weight on.

I give a token small scoop of dry on a morning but the main meal is last thing at night

20c in house -10c outside. Just common sense to me really. They gonna need a few more calories.

• 1 month later...