Next Lurcher........

Sadly I have recently put down my lurcher, I will be looking to get another later this year but as I have moved and I fancy a bit of a change, I am unsure what to get next, I have always had saluki greyhound crosses as I used to do a lot of coursing and lived in areas plentiful with all game so whilst walking the dogs on my permission things were always being put up so I never had to travel to work my dogs as they were kept on a friends farm.

Where I am now is a bit different, I have permission but the quarry is a bit different, foxes, rabbits etc plus the odd accidental roe, (I live near a 400 acre wood which is full of roe so although I would never slip on one the odd accidental run is possible if the dogs are off the lead).

I am thinking of Saluki/greyhound x deerhound/greyhound crossed with a bull/greyhound ?????

What do you have or what have you had that worked well in the past, any suggestions welcome as I have plenty of time to think about it :)

The picture is of my bitch who I recently put down, (she was also featured on the cover of now thats what I call lucher work vol 1), she was the best coursing dog I have ever had.

post-83843-0-73314800-1360787833.jpg

nice dog that mate :thumbs:,....i have a collie/grey/whippet mix type dog,does a bit of everything ;) ...lurcher x lurcher....so there could be a bit of somthing else in there not too sure,but i have always had lurchers...(a bit of everything in them)...but i like the idea of a collie/grey x saluki/grey...seen a few work...good all round type dogs....atb...whatever you choose pal :thumbs:

Lot of woods and smaller fields in surrey, a saluki/whippet would do you well. But for something different lurcher X lurcher would be my preference.

Only have to jump the border into hampshire to get the faster quarry.