I loved this bit of useless info

Where did the makers of the footie game get the name subbuteo from?

I believe they wanted to call it 'THE HOBBY' but,were not allowed to so they called it 'Subbuteo' as it is the latin name for a HOBBY(falco subbuteo). :thumbs:

Peter adolf invented it,. The guy was mental on collecting eggs and this board game soon gave him enough money to expand his oological collection. He was very keen on the different colour sets of eggs and was said to be a great man for identifying birds from their song.... as all the best naturalists can.. one of the best UK finds he ever managed was a clutch of six greenfinch eggs that contained a cuckoo!!!!! Surely a one in a million!!! Died in 1994, i bet that old boy had some tales to tell!!

I have mentioned Subbuteos background to a few and most think your pulling their leg...i think its a great story... :yes:

Why was that one in a million Darcy?

MOLL.

because i would say it is probably the first (and only?) ever record of a cuckoo parasiting a greenfinch, though i do stand to be corrected. Personally i have never heard of a cuckoo using any of the finch species :blink: For this to happen, and for this to be discovered is remarkable IMHO......all the best....JD :yes::victory::victory:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
The guy was mental on collecting eggs and this board game soon gave him enough money to expand his oological collection. He was very keen on the different colour sets of eggs. Died in 1994

What a sad and irreperable loss to us all that must've been then.

The guy was mental on collecting eggs and this board game soon gave him enough money to expand his oological collection. He was very keen on the different colour sets of eggs. Died in 1994

What a sad and irreperable loss to us all that must've been then.

:blink: ........... :no:

I REALLY DO THINK .... SOME SO - CALLED COUNTRYMEN SHOULD PULL THEIR FECKIN SELF RIGHTEOUS NECKS IN

DUCKWING :big_boss: