Permission

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i had this problem, i had all together well over ,000 acres 5 year ago but sily l me joined the army and lost most of it. the stuff i still had has been wiped by others. i dont drive not for two weeks

never had any luck where i live, been here 20 odd years.They (farmer+ keepers) dont like lurchers on there ground.Like as been said you might get on with a gun of bit of ferrting, but (no) dogs.Igave

Dear farmer lol

i had this problem, i had all together well over 80,000 acres 5 year ago but sily l me joined the army and lost most of it. the stuff i still had has been wiped by others. i dont drive not for two weeks ;) so i bought a map and looked at the land. walked miles and miles over a a couple of months on foot paths and found land worth having. i then approached the owners, with no dogs!!, dressed smart, country style on some and shirt and shoes on other(it makes a difference lol) i made a hunting shooting cv with past permissions and refferences, also insurance including basc, ca and ngo. belting write up. i told farmers a mini sob story yet true but emphsised it, just been med discharged from army want to get back into 'Pest control' (not dogs pesificly !!!). also you dont want to go down the road of being a poacher you want to do things right and have it on paper and make a good name for your self, on permission where farmers where a bit hmmmm i even offered to lend a hand out around the farm during the lambing season etc..... and that swayed the decision 9/10. im no guru but my advice is to write up a mini cv and blag the shizzle out of them. get on the train and travel well worth it

good luck scott

Edited by speedy87
  • Like 2

ANybody got any tips on getting permission, Ive tried a few farms and they said they have some people come on with guns and shhot them.

When they say no,go back again a few weeks later and ask again,ive had permission in the past at the 3rd time of asking.Be prepared for some downright miserable,rude and obnoxious replys to your requests.Permission now is more important than it used to be,so id go with that route,the best hunting and results are often found away from such luxury though.

ANybody got any tips on getting permission, Ive tried a few farms and they said they have some people come on with guns and shhot them.

When they say no,go back again a few weeks later and ask again,ive had permission in the past at the 3rd time of asking.Be prepared for some downright miserable,rude and obnoxious replys to your requests.Permission now is more important than it used to be,so id go with that route,the best hunting and results are often found away from such luxury though.

thats bang on like i said i had like 800k acre of permishion i now have about 100 but its all shizzle, i have one bit of good land but has taken me 3 month to convince them to let me on and 4 references as they are townies with hens haha, perciverience lad keep pestering people and when they are rude to you still be polite and take it on the chin but keep going back. 4th attempt at a lump of land i took photos of pigs that had killed 6 sheep, they offered me the land on a plate, do them a good turn they will have you.

where are you based i might be able to square you a draft letter for landowners

Funny folk farmers but you will find once you get permission off one yal get chance of others cos seems like a closed bunch and if your able to say ask mr smith he will vouch I'm a genuine person and offer to help out n odd rabbit etc n bottle at xmas goes long way good luck and keep trying u will get ya foot in door atb bundy

The one thing that i have noticed with farmers is that they are very clangish and dont take to kindly to strangers especialy around their houses or farmyards half the time they would think youre up to no good!How i got most of my permishions was i would approach them when their feeding stock start with small chat a bit of banter.A farmer will always ask who ya are were your from and who your people are.I subose im lucky to hunt loacal this has worked for me!and as a good gesture id have a bottle of wine in the van if you come across them again as a sweetner this has never let me down.Happy hunting bucko!!!

Once you get your first yes, confidence will rise. I had 4farms an a golf course in a day just by driving round an name dropping of the last farmer who said yes. Since then everyone else I ask its like 2/3 say yes..just be polite, dress normal, don't have a chip on your shoulder and once in a conversation with them don't cut them short or show signs u couldn't care an want to go...farmers tend not to have a social life, so once in a conversation, stick with it lol its worked for me, I got about 2000acres atleast and only bothered to ask going back Sept time. I also go some perm slips that are about three pages long that look the business, with insurance. Atb

I'm having the same problem now all I'm doing at the min is driving round further afield looking for places an how you get to there farms, I think next week I'll have a drive round the ones I've picked out an start knocking on doors see were it gets me.. I take some of your advise on speedy87 can't go wrong there mate

• Like 1