Testicles ?

My pup is 9 month at 10 weeks the vet did a puppy Che k and said he has both testicles and I've just got home bathed the dog after a day out and found there is only 1 testicle ? Any ideas help lads

Edited by J.DOG

My pup is 9 month at 10 weeks the vet did a puppy Che k and said he has both testicles and I've just got home bathed the dog after a day out and found there is only 1 testicle ? Any ideas help lads

cryptospirosis think thats what its called one knacker stay inside the dog it is a genetic fault , that can and will be passed on if you breed it can be carried by both male and female geneticly , sometimes they drop . , it has been known to couse cancer . some vets say total castration ,, no need if the internal nut is removed it lowers the chances of cancer as tesicles are ment to be outside the body ,and kept cool

cryptospirosis think thats what its called one knacker stay inside the dog it is a genetic fault , that can and will be passed on if you breed it can be carried by both male and female geneticly , sometimes they drop . , it has been known to couse cancer . some vets say total castration ,, no need if the internal nut is removed it lowers the chances of cancer as tesicles are ment to be outside the body ,and kept cool

This^.

see if you can find it and pop it back in if you can find it and

see if you can find it and pop it back in if you can find it and

I've looked and can't find it at all

Both testicles can be present in a pup, but one can sometimes retreat back up: if this is spotted straight away it can sometimes be massaged back down again, but only when the pup is still very young. Once it has grown up a bit the retained testicle won't fit back through the opening through which it had originally descended, and then slipped back up again ... if all that makes sense. I was told this by my vet years ago.

Both testicles can be present in a pup, but one can sometimes retreat back up: if this is spotted straight away it can sometimes be massaged back down again, but only when the pup is still very young. Once it has grown up a bit the retained testicle won't fit back through the opening through which it had originally descended, and then slipped back up again ... if all that makes sense. I was told this by my vet years ago.

Cheers skycat I'm phoning vet tomorrow hopefully ill get an appointment for Saturday morning

Mine had this jd I had to have an op to remove it I waited to see if it dropped but it never so now he has 1 bollock been in the wars though got a leg missing a toe missing and a bollock but not many can say they had the fastest ampyoute in s yorkshire lol good look with the pup mate

Cheers mate , is the opp straight forward how long is the dog off its feet ect :thumbs: