Just a quick correction to the above post a VISUAL test is ever 2.5 years. Again a iam a diver and also run a scuba diving shop. :bye:

What did I say wrong? You need a visual check on a DIVING cylinder, two and a half years after your hydro check. The cylinder is given a visual at the time of the hydro test, BUT it is called a hydro test not a hydro and visual test!

You do not need a visual check on a surface use only cylinder between hydros!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1

Just a quick correction to the above post a VISUAL test is ever 2.5 years. Again a iam a diver and also run a scuba diving shop. :bye:

What did I say wrong? You need a visual check on a DIVING cylinder, two and a half years after your hydro check. The cylinder is given a visual at the time of the hydro test, BUT it is called a hydro test not a hydro and visual test!

My bad lol i read it as 2 years and 5 years didnt have me glasses on.

I think it all depends on were you live as to the cost of the tests tho as i no my hydros are £37.55 an a vis test is £30.75. I make pence out of servicing cylinders to be honest. but thats the cost of my service tech guys. i no up around the midlands its a lot cheeper but then so is the cost of living compaired to down south.

• Like 1

correct :thumbs: