left hand gin traps

Guest tawny

Guest foxtrack

right can anyone on here tell me why they made them in left hand ?

was it for the left hand trapers or was it made by a left hand maker on the piss

all day and got it wrong somehow

was it for the left hand trapers or was it made by a left hand maker on the piss

They were made for left handers, but not many were made in the grand scheme of things compared to the conventional 'right handed' traps.

Some were repaired by 'keepers and the bridge of the trap was put on the wrong side though.

OTC

Guest foxtrack

They were made for left handers, but not many were made in the grand scheme of things compared to the conventional 'right handed' traps.

Some were repaired by 'keepers and the bridge of the trap was put on the wrong side though.

OTC

canyou put a pic up otc

thanks otc i think a lot of boys on here think its another wind up

my mate red dog has a few maybe he can put a pic or two up

RightandLeft.jpg

Here you go foxtrack (and you non-believers!)

Sorry it is not a great pic but it illustrates the point well enough - the tongue and plate works from the opposite side as you can see (left handed trap second from the right obviously)

I hope this helps

OTC

Maybe someone just changed springs and placed them on that way, many trappers take the number 1 longsprings and add a spring to make them a number 11. Trappers beef up the springs all the time.

No they were made that way trust me!

OTC

Guest foxtrack
Maybe someone just changed springs and placed them on that way, many trappers take the number 1 longsprings and add a spring to make them a number 11. Trappers beef up the springs all the time.

i would think it would be a lot easyer to change a spring,than turn the bridge around.

maybe it could be done with your traps, but i think it would take the skil of a smithy to do it with ours