a decent glove

mickmck

ive been looking for a decent glove , i treat mine with leather care products , co chin ect , ect but it seems to be the stitching that gives way , , ive re-stiched them a few times but they only really lasting a season or two , @ £25 a pop it gets expensive , do they do a double stitched glove ? , i would pay good money for a glove that will last more than 2 seasons , any one else have this problem ?

last one i had, was from ian vance at falconry originals never let me down, mind that was a good few years ago, :laugh:

i was trying to think of that name to , a friend had one and it was a real good glove ;)

prob the stuff that your treating the leather with is eating the stitching my old bestest mucker. Try mars oil for leather, a saddler onve told me never to use neatsfoot oil etc as it fucks up the stitching , and recommended using mars oil. Food for thought chum.

if im honest when mine was very messy i would just cover it in fairy liquid give it a good scrape and chuck it in the washer then spend an hour or so making it supple again when it had dried :laugh:

its the stiching thats giving up paulus , double stitched would be the way forward :thumbs: