what to do?

took my 4 yr old male Harris hawk flying on my local permission which borders a house with trees around it, to cut a long story short the bird flew into one of the trees and the house owner came out and shook the tree as apparently my birds eating all his pigeons. the bird flew away from me and was found 4 days later. however now he refuses to come to the fist at all even when I have reduced his food. his keel isn't fat at all but still he doesn't want to come to me and is very nervous of me. tried going back to basics but it's not working after 3 weeks no progression. any suggestions?

I doubt any harris was seriuously damaging a local pigeon population lol maybe pop him back in his mews ealry for the moult and leave him until next year and start again, likely some trauma has occurred when he or she been loose thats affectetd it, could also of got lucky and nailed summat and fed itself right up, so it could be simply patience thats needed, you know its previous weights etc

Well I doubt a little tree shaking would scare him that much tbh,but you never know I guess,what did he weigh when you got him back?was he up or down,is he feeding ok, just not comming to the fist?the other possibility(but unlikely) is has someone found him,and tried to fly him,and scared the living daylights out of him,as stated,might be an early moult,and start from scratch later in the year,I wish you well with him mate, let us know how its going.

he was down in weight as he flew at 1.7 but came back at 1.5 and a bit but he's still feeding well just refuses to go anywhere near me .maybe I will leave him alone a while and try again. it`s a shame as he was doing really well as I've just this season got ferrets so the hunting opportunities have increased massively

he was down in weight as he flew at 1.7 but came back at 1.5 and a bit but he's still feeding well just refuses to go anywhere near me .maybe I will leave him alone a while and try again. it`s a shame as he was doing really well as I've just this season got ferrets so the hunting opportunities have increased massively

if feeding well do u meen on the fist of on his own ??