MY FIRST ONE!!!!

We lost a dozen pheasants at the weekend. Killed in their pen and with no signs of digging or holes around the outside it meant only one thing.......... MINK!!!!! Totally brassed off, I went and brought some live squirrel traps and set them around the pen on some likely looking runs baited with rabbit. I laid the traps Monday and have been checking them twice a day everyday but they have been untouched. Until tonight when I went to my first trap and saw it had been sprung by one of those evil black stinkers. To say I was over the moon was an understatement, there in the cage was a hissing, spitting, ball of hatred and I had caught him :D . Slight problem was that I only had my 20b with me and not wanting to get covered in smelly mink mush, I had to climb down, get the handle of the trap and take it on to some level ground where I could shoot it from distance. Anyway to cut a long story short, ive rebaited the traps and am now hooked on catching them...... I took some photos on my phone and will load them on as soon as.

We lost a dozen pheasants at the weekend. Killed in their pen and with no signs of digging or holes around the outside it meant only one thing.......... MINK!!!!! Totally brassed off, I went and brought some live squirrel traps and set them around the pen on some likely looking runs baited with rabbit. I laid the traps Monday and have been checking them twice a day everyday but they have been untouched. Until tonight when I went to my first trap and saw it had been sprung by one of those evil black stinkers. To say I was over the moon was an understatement, there in the cage was a hissing, spitting, ball of hatred and I had caught him :D . Slight problem was that I only had my 20b with me and not wanting to get covered in smelly mink mush, I had to climb down, get the handle of the trap and take it on to some level ground where I could shoot it from distance. Anyway to cut a long story short, ive rebaited the traps and am now hooked on catching them...... I took some photos on my phone and will load them on as soon as.

had one slip by the terrier some years ago as i was diging it out.me beening a bit mad

them days i grabed it. would not do it now :no:img036.jpg

had one slip by the terrier some years ago as i was diging it out.me beening a bit mad

them days i grabed it. would not do it now :no:img036.jpg

I was night fishing and reached back into my groundbait tray and put my hand right around a big mink :doh: ....I don't :shok: know who was more frightened(well I do .....ME!) or the mink.I nearly went through the top of my brolly.