Wild Boar

HI,

last winter was quite mild and we had a massive mast of oaks. So wild boars (wb) were well reproducing.

Soon they were beginning to damage the meadows and fields so we had to take care of them. In one special place (a meadow next to a forest) they digged up the whole place in just some nights and turned it black.

One night there were about 50 of them in three different groups. Fortunately it was a bit cloudy so the light reflections allowed it to shot one of them. A nice 62kg Ueberlaeufer.

12828493xw.jpg

After that they haven't been seen for some weeks until:

12828494kc.jpg

12828495bs.jpg

12828496fu.jpg

On the driven hunts in this area they shot last weeks records. 36 wb and 56. Incredible.

I don't want to know what will happen if the mast of oaks will decline next year

PS: Sorry didn't know in which section I should post this

• Like 4

Very nice pictures indeed.Whereabouts in Germany are you?

For the last 17 years I have been going to Germany hunting wild boar. I had a friend, sadly he died in August past who had an excellent shoot in the Mozel valley near to Koblenz. We had an arrangement that he came to Scotland deer stalking and Salmon fishing with me for a week and I would stay with him as his guest shooting boar. We always went for the December moon though I did visit him for his two day driven shoot at the end of November. He had friends who had shooting in East Germany too where I visited on occasion. One trip I shot 4 boar. I do prefer hunting them from a high seat under the moon rather than driven shooting.

My German friend on his visit one year shot a Gold Medal Roebuck and followed it the following year with a Bronze from the same place on my shoot. He also caught a 20lb salmon one year also.

Regards

Donsider

I am from the south of Germany.

In comparison to the area you already know (Mosel) we have no wild boars. But times are changing at the moment. In general we have about 3-4 boars a year. This year our neighbors shot about 6.

Most of the wild boars here are shot from high seats.

It must be rough hunting up in Scotland ?

I am from the south of Germany.

In comparison to the area you already know (Mosel) we have no wild boars. But times are changing at the moment. In general we have about 3-4 boars a year. This year our neighbors shot about 6.

Most of the wild boars here are shot from high seats.

It must be rough hunting up in Scotland ?

The hunting in Scotland is very mixed. We have lowland hunting where we hunt gamebirds such as pheasants and partridges,There is moorland hunting for red grouse on our heather moorlands and then we have our highlands. This is spectacular scenery and I am very lucky that I live so close to this landscape. It is here we hunt red deer. I hunt or as we say here in Scotland "stalk" red deer every year and this year I shot a Royal stag.

I have also been to Munich but that was on business as I work in TV as a director but have just retired.

I would attach photographs but I do not see the attachment link to do so

Weidmansheil

Paul