quick release clip???

hi all i want to have a go at making my own slip lead but i carnt seem to find anywer to buy a quick release clip from. do any of you guys no wer i can get one from and any pics of your home made slip leads would be great. thanks chez

i have tried several slip leads over the years with these clips on and believe me they all slip your dog when you dont want them too, they are unreliable, just make one out of webbing, 2" for the collar with 2" d-ring on either end, then 2" for the handle to your own length sewn onto one end with a 1" d-ring sewn on aprox 6" from the collar, then 1" webbing the same length as the handle sewn onto the other collar d-ring, push the i" webbing throught the 1" d-ring put round gogs neck let the dog pull it tight eh presto!!, just let go of the 1" webbing and away she goes, will try and put picture up later, very simple but very effective, and will last for years, atb.

There's a quick release clip for grey hounds, I have one I made up in to a lurcher quick release set, they are heavier duty than the panic hooks

quickreleaseclipforgreyhound.jpg

Arent panic snaps for controlling bulls?

And that one you pictures is for controlling bull x's :laugh:

Depends on the size of the clip used, these quick release clips used for greyhounds are fairly large, the panic snaps of various sizes can be used on lead ropes to traces on harness. The particular greyhound ones I have are stainless steel, the panic hooks used are diecast and weaker. It's just different manufacturers who make the fittings using different materials that determines the strength of them, not what species they are used on, therefore greyhound clips in this case are heavier duty than the smaller panic hooks.