Police = waste of space

i'll keep my cool and tread carefully, stamping me feet all the way!!

i'm getting the feeling i should have just put fox on the variation. as its allready on my cert for .22lr . a lad advised me to get deer on it for if i go up north or by invite down this way.

maybe deer is to much for these bureaucrates to think about.

wel they better think on as i have land thats passed for .243 now and there are deer on it not just passing through, land owner will confirm it so they better give me a .223.

it just frustrates me for them to mess around for 4 weeks, take £26, and tell me theres 'no good reason'. then add c/f .22 mod on my cert.

i'm thinking of moving to australia, theres more jobs over there, more good looking women, and more foxes. this country has had it.

Sound Moderators not allowed down under. lol Edited by bunnybuster.ie

Well, my area is derbyshire too, my application slot was also for a .223. 6 weeks back. Luckily all was well, but I did ring a couple of times to ensure all was on track and to get a verbal that there was no issue.

But I too have had real problems with them. My 1st application for a .22 rimfire (many years back) went through fine, but it wasn't until I was stoof at the counter buying a gun that it was pointed out they had put NO AMMO on the ticket, noy having seen one I didn't realise it should have been there even though it was agreed with the FEO.

About 15 years ago I had a break from shooting for health reasons, when I re-applied 5 years later, they had completely lost any record of me ever having owned a rifle or shotgun :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: .

"Oh it must have happened at the system switch over a few years ago, we had a few issues", what?, had it been my mistake I'd never have been able to fire a gun again.

Anyway I'm sure out of either embarresment, or the fact that they didn't want any adverse publicity, purely on my word and with the fact that I could display a reasonable shooting knowledge and name all the previous FEO's I'd dealt with, I got my full ticket back. :victory:

i'll keep my cool and tread carefully, stamping me feet all the way!!

i'm getting the feeling i should have just put fox on the variation. as its allready on my cert for .22lr . a lad advised me to get deer on it for if i go up north or by invite down this way.

maybe deer is to much for these bureaucrates to think about.

wel they better think on as i have land thats passed for .243 now and there are deer on it not just passing through, land owner will confirm it so they better give me a .223.

it just frustrates me for them to mess around for 4 weeks, take £26, and tell me theres 'no good reason'. then add c/f .22 mod on my cert.

i'm thinking of moving to australia, theres more jobs over there, more good looking women, and more foxes. this country has had it.

Sound Moderators not allowed down under. lol

but the women are better looking right???!!!!!!

• Like 1

You should get your money back no probs.

Have you not thought of just going down the .243 route? They may be knocking you back because living in England the .223 is limited for deer considering there are a lot of roe about in the north.

The 243 hits so many boxes and is such a versatile round it's hard to knock it back.

Hope you get sorted.

a lad off here which knows derbyshire police had advised me not to go down the .243 route initially even though i decided this was the best route. so instead i'm putting in for a .223.

everything when smoothly last time, even got a open condition right away and at that time i had very little land which was suitable for rimfire. now i have land whihc is allready passed for .223 and more land passed for.243 and good reason for the .223. fox control!

i'm sure its japanese flag week for the feo concened. will speak to feo politetly.

i have writen a letter, and also explained why i have good reason to use the said calibre.

i'm with the countryside alliance so maybe they can draft a second letter for me quoting some home office rules.

at the end of the day once again its proffesionals messing things up again and poor buggers like me that have to work through to put things right.

everything when smoothly last time, even got a open condition right away and at that time i had very little land which was suitable for rimfire. now i have land whihc is allready passed for .223 and more land passed for.243 and good reason for the .223. fox control!

i'm sure its japanese flag week for the feo concened. will speak to feo politetly.

i have writen a letter, and also explained why i have good reason to use the said calibre.

i'm with the countryside alliance so maybe they can draft a second letter for me quoting some home office rules.

at the end of the day once again its proffesionals messing things up again and poor buggers like me that have to work through to put things right.

This was the thing that worried me, the attitude of Derbs admin. "She" had a very dissmisive attitude towards her "colleaque", the initial enquiries person I spoke to, and rubbished the advice I had been given by him.

She then went on to suggest by the time the FEO had come out to visit, the descision would already have been made by in her words, "admin" and I can only assume she was classed as admin.

Jumped up pen pusher wouldn't go halfway to describing

This was the thing that worried me, the attitude of Derbs admin. "She" had a very dissmisive attitude towards her "colleaque", the initial enquiries person I spoke to, and rubbished the advice I had been given by him.

She then went on to suggest by the time the FEO had come out to visit, the descision would already have been made by in her words, "admin" and I can only assume she was classed as admin.

Jumped up pen pusher wouldn't go halfway to describing

I have the same experience in Thames Valley - feo rubbished everything said by HQ and made out that she made all the decisions. Even one of her collegiate FEO's said she was a nightmare to her RFD's and regular ticket holders. The only way to get what you want with her is to kiss ass a bit. By-the-by, she's got a face for radio, so kissing her ass isn't an attractive proposition!

What can you do?

• Like 1

If you have permission on the farm for fox and deer and the land has past. And you sent in permission letter off farmer saying you can shoot the foxes and muntjac and cwd they can't refuse you.

Has the land got these deer if not then they wont grant deer on that fac. My ground has muntjac but not cwd.

My firearms officer wouldn't put cwd on there because we dont have them round this way. I said what if I go to afriends ground in Bedfordshire I couldn't shoot them then because it isn't on my ticket.

He said well when you do get a permission slip off his farmer and we will add that to your ticket!

Talk about making work for themselves

Well Avon and Somerset do not specify the breed of Deer you can shoot with any given rifle,I just apply for Deer and Fox with my 243 and the 308, only Quarry that is named is Fox, Deer and Wild Boar on my tickets for the 308 and on the smaller rifles it's Fox and vermin on the 223 and vermin on the 17.

they wont for the bigger calibres which are legal for all deer. only on the smaller 22 cf where they state cdw and muntjac or roe well in scotland. some forces give the any lawful quarry on the ticket though to

• 2 weeks later...