changing 5 mode torch to single mode

Hi all my torch is superb but I only use it on high mode but annoyingley it has 5 modes hi / med / lo / flash / sos and I have to go through them all to get back to high mode. is there any way I could modify it so it only has hi mode? Many thanks for any info.

It will very much depend on what type of torch it is and what kind of bulb it has etc...

I'm also trying to do this to a cheapy chinese made 'ultrafire' copy. It currently has 3 modes hi/ lo/ flash and I just want on/ off. Having done some research I believe for my torch at least (cree type led) it's a case of changing the 'drop-in'. This is the part of the torch that houses the led and the control chips etc. It lives just behind the reflector cone and has one end of the battery terminals on its rear end. I've not yet found a way of changing the light modes with out changing the entire drop-in, as all the settings are held within this part. The good news is it's not too tricky to do!

Whatever new drop in you will need will depend on what torch you have and a few other things.

Hope this helps and isn't teaching you to suck eggs!

James

Tomburras, I'm waiting for these to come back in stock http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

I know this will fit my torch, not sure about yours, would probably be modifiable in some way if it doesn't.

You could try heading over to TheBudgetLightForums, the guys there seem quite knowledgeable on these things - yes there is a whole internet forum dedicated to buying and modifying cheap torches. :icon_eek::huh: they go off into crazy levels of techyness at which point I get confused and zone out a bit, but you'll probably find your info there.

hope you get sorted, if you do will you let me know please so I can see how you did it?

many thanks,

Jim

*edit - jsut looked and your C8 has a much bigger reflector/aperture than my WF-501b, but the drop-in in that ebay link may well come apart from it's included reflector and be able to be attached to your current one... depends how handy your feeling ;)

J

Edited by WoodsmanJim

Iv ordered one the same as your link woodsmanjim but it was from hong kong and was 12 quid, also ordered a ultrafire 501b with remote switch also with a 150 lm red led for 12 quid so i can swap them about for a change of circumstances both single mode so happy days. 21 days to arrive tho but they where very cheap so worth the wait!