Time as come

Time as come to start my young bitch off. The pup was given to a friend of mine he has kept her til now I have always been around the bitch she has turned out to be a fine looking dog now it's time to see if she has what it takes. Took her out tonight on the lamp with her father on my own turned out to be a nightmare lesson learned me and her from now on I am walking up to rabbits so she can spot them and the older dog who knows his trade is bouncing trying to take my arm off thinking why the hell are you still holding this lead lol. Needless to say I turned around and come home. After the old man had a bunny.

It was not happening as I planned. The young dog was just watching the older dog bouncing off the lead rather than my arm aching any more than needed I went home. The young dog was never going to learn anything so I will take her on her own or someone else can run the older dog for me.

Billy IMO the old chestnut of one dog learning off another only works in certain situations (I'm not the biggest fan of it) and on your own, with a fired up old boy, ain't one of 'em!

I agree totally I normally let the young dog watch a few runs and then give them an easy slip. But I had the option of some nice easy slips tonight but it just was not to be the old chap was fired right up and wanted to be away thinking its just another night out and when he was away he just stopped dead lol he was not amused at all.

If you,ve been doing a bit of daytime working with the dog shouldn,t really need another dog showing what to do in the night, the penny will soon drop..

the dog has been out and about in the day but we have a small pack of hounds and she has been pretty much left to her own thing so I am trying to show her the right way of doing things she had a bunny the other day and she done well to catch it. Just trying to get her a few on the lamp before she moves onto what she was bread for. She will come right soon enough. Sire and dam are both real good dogs and grandmother was summat else.