223 ammunition

Anyone heard of TulAmmo bullets? They are russian made and are 62 GR. FMJ . They are very cheap and I can get three boxes for twenty euro in my local gunshop. What are your thoughts on using such cheap ammo in my Tikka T3 Hunter? I normally use Hornady ammo and would be slightly worried that such cheap ammo would damage my gun. Any advice will be greatly appreciated !

Pile of utter plop I have heard.

You shouldn't use FMJ for hunting, an FMJ round will pass through a small animal and do relatively little damage leaving that animal to run off, possibly mortally wounded to suffer a long agonising death. The wound channel inside the animal is what knocks it on the spot, the next two rounds below are specifically designed to create large wound channels by deforming and fragmenting, while an FMJ wasn't designed for that job.

Ballistic tip and hollow point for varmints under fox size, probably less common but could also use Soft Nose for fox size and above but it wouldn't be my choice on anything fox sized or smaller.

For the amount of foxes and other varmints I shoot with my .223 I use Hornady and Federal Premium.

• Like 1

Pile of utter plop I have heard.

Thanks for your reply john but I never mentioned using this ammo for hunting. For fox shooting I use Hornady 40 gr V-MaX balistic tip and they do the job fine for me. I just want advice on these Russian bullets if anybody knows anything about them !

I'm not psychic, but I think I did cover what they're like. Saw groupings and they were all over the place.

Is American Eagle still on the go? Haven't bought any for years but they were a decent round in some rifles. Also Federal bulk pack, used to come in a plain white little carton. People reckoned they were the same round but I don't as the bulk pack always shot a lot better for me with my bendy Tikka when I had it.

My two local gunshops sell American Eagle are are very reasonably priced Eleven euro for FMJ 55gr and sixteen euro for 50gr hollow points .Hairlesshunter I have never heard of privi partisan! Where are they made?

http://www.prvipartizan.com/

Here is link to UK distributor. Give them a call or email for stockist close to you.

United Kingdom

- exlusive distributor -

HENRY KRANK&Company Ltd.

100-104 Lowton, Pudsey

West Yorkshire, LS289AY

Phone: +44 113 25 69 163

Fax: +44 113 25 74 962

E-mail: sales@henrykrank.com

WEB: www.henrykrank.com

Edited by masmiffy