female spar

deeley24

alright lads i have a this years perent reared, i have had her i while now and all training has gone well apart from her hunting her self i have had mates doing the hedges for me had loads of thing for her to fly but no response from her at all, i have try dropping her very slowly but she was no better so brought her back up she is instant to fist i just cant get my head round it she just aint bothered about hunting.

any help much helped

dead carcass and lure feeding up should do it mate, however its late in season now and quarries faster could be problematic, I introduced ground game to my gyr saker first , when I tried to switch to ariel game its been much harder for him with them being into the season sort of missed the entering window, frustrating best of luck mate

• Like 2

cheers for the comments lads ill give the magpie a try then, yeh mate i no prey at its best at this time of year got her abit late and have been trying to enter her but she just not bothered like i said, i won't give up on her its just so fustrating,

cheers lads reece

cheers for the comments lads ill give the magpie a try then, yeh mate i no prey at its best at this time of year got her abit late and have been trying to enter her but she just not bothered like i said, i won't give up on her its just so fustrating,

cheers lads reece

you can only do your best pal, kept one years back, not a bird to mess about with weight wise when its nippy outside, best of luck

Hello there carcass feeding will show her that they are food but u may want to try putting the carcass on a line and throwing it over a branch. Get a mate to slowly bounce up and down abit so she takes it in the air. That way she used to stuff thats flying.

Where abouts in shropshire r u

Regards ian

again lad thanks very much for comments, im going out in the morning with her to try with a magpie carcass, even if she dont fly at it ill feed her up on it and do the same the next day hopfully somethink will click with her,

im in telford mate what about you stoaty1

thanks again

reece

alright stoaty1, had her out today but she wernt to bothered about the carcass when hanging from the tree so tryed to drag it and she had a flight at it but pulled up, and went to sit in a tree got her back with quail lure and fed her up on the magpie will try again tommorrow, stoaty1 are flying anything in telford mate

atb reece

alright stoaty1, had her out today but she wernt to bothered about the carcass when hanging from the tree so tryed to drag it and she had a flight at it but pulled up, and went to sit in a tree got her back with quail lure and fed her up on the magpie will try again tommorrow, stoaty1 are flying anything in telford mate

atb reece

my experience with accipiters is limited but when at correct weight they chase instinctively. go back to basics and carcass b the perch and let her feed and then try dragged again. How come you went with a parent reared spar mate? Brave choice wit such tight weight control.

regards ian

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

what weight are you flying her at at the moment bud,ive flew a few spars over the years and it can be that little bit of weight dropped that does the trick,you have a little more weight to play with with the female then you do with the male good luck let uss know how you get on