Tenterfield stainless steel fox whistles £6

Geof,

You still making the fox whistles mate? Tried a Pro-Fox caller and they aren't very effective to be honest, sound more like Sooty and Sweep having a barny than anything else.

I tried making one out of a tin I got my sardines from for my lunch. Wasn't too bothered about it not working but it left an aftertaste I would guess was akin to a hookers clunge after a very busy week without a wash whilst the decorators went to town.

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geof,   You still making the fox whistles mate? Tried a Pro-Fox caller and they aren't very effective to be honest, sound more like Sooty and Sweep having a barny than anything else.   I tried mak

yeah make them now and again.   i was out lastnite with my own caller, called in 9 but only got one thanks to lurcher lads making the lamp shy with there fat slow dogs

most of the lads blame it on the running dogs ,but it is just another excuse maybe you should have a good look at your self it may be you that is not good enough called 9 got 1 ?

Forgive me for being fick but is the type thats folded with a hole in thats nearly impossible to get to work ???

They are the ones mate, but they have 2 holes not 1. I've made a few myself, and they are pretty effective. Not difficult to use but there is a knack to getting the noise out.

Tenterfields are a doddle to use, deeper tone than the pro fox call.

Mind you, the harder you bite on the pro fox call the higher the tone.

I sell both types, in stainless steel & the standard pro fox.

If you want any tips let me know.

Dave

your on about the tenderfield fox whistle ,when i saw the video of andre georgescu years back i decided tp purchase one ,have been all over england calling foxes and decided to give it a good field trial and it was easy to use the call it was only good for the bin i took it and used it in top spots where foxes where plentiful ,even used it different times of the year ,all it was good for was cubs and its never produced big bags do your self a favour lads and just bin it ,what works in australia does not mean it works over here

Geof,

You still making the fox whistles mate? Tried a Pro-Fox caller and they aren't very effective to be honest, sound more like Sooty and Sweep having a barny than anything else.

I tried making one out of a tin I got my sardines from for my lunch. Wasn't too bothered about it not working but it left an aftertaste I would guess was akin to a hookers clunge after a very busy week without a wash whilst the decorators went to town.

yeah make them now and again.

i was out lastnite with my own caller, called in 9 but only got one thanks to lurcher lads making the lamp shy with there fat slow dogs ;)

• Like 1

your on about the tenderfield fox whistle ,when i saw the video of andre georgescu years back i decided tp purchase one ,have been all over england calling foxes and decided to give it a good field trial and it was easy to use the call it was only good for the bin i took it and used it in top spots where foxes where plentiful ,even used it different times of the year ,all it was good for was cubs and its never produced big bags do your self a favour lads and just bin it ,what works in australia does not mean it works over here

your cleary not using it right

hard to use eve harder to master

when you get to the point u can use it hands free they come into there own i have boys here that swear by using there hands until i take them out and let them see how to use a tenterfield correctly.

Geof,

i was out lastnite with my own caller, called in 9 but only got one thanks to lurcher lads making the lamp shy with there fat slow dogs ;)

most of the lads blame it on the running dogs ,but it is just another excuse maybe you should have a good look at your self it may be you that is not good enough called 9 got 1 ? :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Geof,

most of the lads blame it on the running dogs ,but it is just another excuse maybe you should have a good look at your self it may be you that is not good enough called 9 got 1 ? :icon_redface:

Thats harsh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geof,

best we have got in one night was 14 but that was a all nighter.

we have some seriousy problems in my area that stem from younger lads in there early teens that have no idea how to use dogs correctly thus being 70+ percent of my permissions within 3 to 5 miles near the town the quarry be it rabbit or fox takes of as soon as the light hits it no filter or fillets steaks are gonna keeps these foxes coming in.

my permissions which are more rural say 8 to 10 miles out of the town, the quarry is certainly not lamp shy in any degree of manor as when i go to these more remote locations im better with the shotgun as its easy to get them within 15 20 yards.

this is wy im building myself a night vision set up no solve the problem.

and once again tenterfield callers are great tools in the right hands ;)

Geof,

best we have got in one night was 14 but that was a all nighter.

we have some seriousy problems in my area that stem from younger lads in there early teens that have no idea how to use dogs correctly thus being 70+ percent of my permissions within 3 to 5 miles near the town the quarry be it rabbit or fox takes of as soon as the light hits it no filter or fillets steaks are gonna keeps these foxes coming in.

my permissions which are more rural say 8 to 10 miles out of the town, the quarry is certainly not lamp shy in any degree of manor as when i go to these more remote locations im better with the shotgun as its easy to get them within 15 20 yards.

this is wy im building myself a night vision set up no solve the problem.

and once again tenterfield callers are great tools in the right hands ;)

you say that tenderfield fox whistle is that good and you are that good at using it ,your selling your calls on here prove it ,prove me wrong as i have said the same thing to other people years ago make a dvd on how you do it , show calling the foxes in (not cubs) using your fox whistle and i will apologise. somehow i do not think that will happen ?cannot wait