Morel ( Morchella esculenta )

Found this in March, near sand dunes on scrub land. Didn't know what it was and never seen one before in that location. Someone identified it for me and said it was good eating. When I went back, it had been kicked to smithereens :cry:

fungi2.jpg

I learned a lot fungi when I lived in France: they love them over there, and you'd never see mushrooms kicked over like you do here. Really p*sses me off when I'm out mushrooming and they've been smashed by idiots just for the hell of it: probably just because they don't know what they are and think they're poisonous.

Guest Scuba1

They are the best IMHO .... you can dry them as well and keep them for ages in a zip lock bag once they are dry. I have loads from last year and love them in a rabbit stew.

:drink::drink:

Found this in March, near sand dunes on scrub land. Didn't know what it was and never seen one before in that location. Someone identified it for me and said it was good eating. When I went back, it had been kicked to smithereens :cry:

<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->fungi2.jpg<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

Looks like a 20 year old infection of untreated herpes.