Which Gun?

Hi I just wondered if anybody could give me some advice?

I'm looking for an air gun, the BSA Ultra Multi Shot looks favourite so far being pneumatic, light weight and compact and around my budget price of around 400 pounds. I could go a little higher for the right gun.

I only like conventional looking guns with wooden stocks and I'll be using it for pest controll, so does anybody think I should be looking at an alternative to compare it with when I visit the gun shop.

Thanks for any advice.

Shepp

:hmm: there are so many available and different strokes for different folks, if you know what I mean :yes: . I've had a few PCPs and what I like may not suit you :no: and that is the same for all.

If I was you, try a few in the gun shop and see which feels comfortable and you're happiest with. Have you thought about pre owned? For £400 you could pick up a really good set up. If you spend all your budget on a new rifle, you still have to think about a scope/charging kit etc etc, then you will be looking at £600+++++ :icon_eek: .

Al :drink:

Yes al I have thought about pre owned but being a novice I'd be concerned that i'd be unable to see if the gun had any faults or problems. My father wants to get one too so I guess at least we can share the cost of a charging kit.

Thanks for your advice al :victory:

Shepp

the only problem i know about the ultra is you get about 20 ish full power shots then you need to fill it again have a look at the bsa scorpion or the air arms s410 all around the same price under 500.

I currently have a bsa hornet i looked at the ultra but the bloke at the gun shop advised not to bother as it needs recharging after 20 ish so i brought the hornet .

But after 1 yr im upgarding to the s410 very recommended.....

Guest The Shaman

I've got the BSA Ultra Multishot in .177. Very impressed, accurate to a T. Nice and light and short. Silencer that comes with it is pants, buy a good Weirach, fit that, perfectomondo. As said before you don't get many shots, but its how you use those shots ;) .

All in all go for something your happy with, theres loads of different guns out there, and loads of different opinions.

Good hunting...... :D

Guest darkshooter

You might want to consider a BSA XL Tactical .22 springer with an AGS scope Duplex. Total £300 inc some decent pellets. Save yourself a £100. The Tactical is a cool rifle with great accuracy.

Thanks for your info guys, I went to a gun shop yesterday held a couple of guns. The chap there said Air Arms guns are his best sellers but he also is getting in a couple of Weihrauch HW100 in next week. He said there really well made guns, a bit more pricey but worth it, it seems I always end up doubling my budget.