any one help me by knowing what dos this, the trees are covered from there bases to every tip with the webbing that you can see on one of the pictures. hundreds of caterpillars and no birds eating them either :hmm:

any one help me by knowing what dos this, the trees are covered from there bases to every tip with the webbing that you can see on one of the pictures. hundreds of caterpillars and no birds eating them either :hmm:

:hmm::hmm: if the birds arnt eating it i dread to think

not 100% sure but the brown-tail tussock which is a type of moth, caterpillars spin tents of silk throughout hedgerows and trees, these have to be controled with pesticides as they devistate what they are on and have a broad taste in hedges & trees..therfore quickly becoming an epidemic...

Edited by paul magrino

not 100% sure but the brown-tail tussock which is a type of moth, caterpillars spin tents of silk throughout hedgerows and trees, these have to be controled with pesticides as they devistate what they are on and have a broad taste in hedges & trees..therfore quickly becoming an epidemic...

funny you say that as the trees didnt have i bit of green left on them, looked like a tree in winter....the only thing i could come up with was a yellow under wing moth????

funny you say that as the trees didnt have i bit of green left on them, looked like a tree in winter....the only thing i could come up with was a yellow under wing moth????

don't think it can be Yellow under wing as these caterpillars are called cutworms, feeding at night on wide variety of low-growing plants.

paul m... looked the moth up, the catapillar discription sounded good but then i saw there photo of one, early and late stage and i wasnt convinced....... but if it is thanks for letting me know there likley to give a rash, head ache, sickness if you get any of there barbs in your skin :blink:

paul m... looked the moth up, the catapillar discription sounded good but then i saw there photo of one, early and late stage and i wasnt convinced....... but if it is thanks for letting me know there likley to give a rash, head ache, sickness if you get any of there barbs in your skin :blink:

yes thats right, we looked up pictures too and they didn't have any red on them, thought maybe a diferent strain as only ones we could find who spun like that and devistated every thing in their path....

regards nita and paul

:hmm::hmm: if the birds arnt eating it i dread to think

narsty little fuckers then :D

should you report them to some one to contain it before they spread??