sick ferret

found around 8 ticks on my ferret about 5 days ago. so i looked into the ferret and ferreting handbook by james mckay and applied surgical spirit as suggested. the ticks dropped of and left nothing more than a red mark 2mm wide. today i went to his cage and there was vomit which was creamy in colour. he seems to be active although a little subdued could this be as a resut of the ticks? what should i do

Im not suprised you are not supposed to apply anything other than frontline. Ring the vets ask to speak to the vet and explain. Quick cos they go down hill quick.

Not your fault realy. Burn the book aswell lol.

Edited by joe14

James Mckay . . . . is he not just a peddler?

What a fecking muppet suggesting that in a book!

In my opinion the feller is a pleb who goes on about "training ferrets to hunt in unused warrens" aswell as allsorts of other bullshit.

Ticks will be a common occurence for you mate i just use a little tick puller you can get them off plenty of websites. ATB

gave him some milk slightly diluted with water and he has perked up. spoke to the vets and they said just to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesnt lose his appetite. also been told by a petshop owner to give him chicken or turkey baby food as it will stay down easier and prevent vomiting his food