Ash dieback disease..

Personally, what surprises me, is thay people are surprised!

This is a natural cyclic mechanism that ensures diversity and crushes 'monopolies' species may gain.

From death, comes life.

how can it be natural if its imported :hmm:

Do you mean native?

no, the disease is believed to have arrived in the uk from imported ash from the continant. so its not a natural occurance in the uk, its a consiquence of mankinds interference

That may be the source of its introduction in this instance I don't dispute that.

The disease originated from nature i presume.

The area of origin most likely had a high population density of ash.

But consider this, is man not natural?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DISGRACE AFTER DISGRACE AFTER DISGRACE ,

We should have strict rules, like Australia, and not just organic stuff. People Aswell. Mind you this country didn't bother thier arse about that. Everytime I see a f*****g grey squirrel, I think if w

The ash aint trendy now you rain forest well may sting bono would all be droolin to make christmas no 1

This is a natural cyclic mechanism that ensures diversity and crushes 'monopolies' species may gain.

From death, comes life.

Do you mean native?

no, the disease is believed to have arrived in the uk from imported ash from the continant. so its not a natural occurrence in the uk,

That's right, all of the previous caes have been traced back to imports, but the recent findings are believed not to be from imported saplings.

its strange a few months ago i commented to a local farmer that there was something odd with the ash hedges up the lane as the leaves were turning and it was only july/august.

From death, comes life.

Do you mean native?

no, the disease is believed to have arrived in the uk from imported ash from the continant. so its not a natural occurance in the uk, its a consiquence of mankinds interference

That may be the source of its introduction in this instance I don't dispute that.

man is the only thing on this plannet that can interfere with nature :hmm:

We should have strict rules, like Australia, and not just organic stuff. People Aswell. Mind you this country didn't bother thier arse about that. Everytime I see a f*****g grey squirrel, I think if we had done something about that years ago, we might not see them the day.

• Like 1

From death, comes life.

Do you mean native?

I don't believe that is true. To varying degrees all species affect their environment. Nature will endure regardless of man's activity no matter what that may be.

In response to your original question, does importation make something unnatural? Foreign, perhaps.

if unnatural is applied as not being consistant with a normal course of events, then mans interference by importing trees would make it unnatural.

Oh I think man could very much interfere with nature, just look around you mate. Also how many species has man wiped off this planet, and put countless more under threat. Oh we're the most dangerous unpredictable species on this planet and just remember if we chose to, could end it tomorrow

From death, comes life.

Do you mean native?

I don't believe that is true. To varying degrees all species affect their environment. Nature will endure regardless of man's activity no matter what that may be.

there is no other species that actively seeks to control, manipulate and emulate nature for its own aims.

From death, comes life.

Do you mean native?

there is no other species that actively seeks to control, manipulate and emulate nature for its own aims.

Again, i don't know that to be absolute truth, possibly a relative one by virtue of the degree and extent.

Does that trait alone make man 'unnatural'? Abnormal compared to most, possibly.

Most of our hunting is pursuit of non native species so what is natural. Very few parts of the uk is natural let alone animals.

Hence the desire to differentiate and define native from foreign.

Equally 100% of the UK is natural. When does something become native? Ultimately at some juncture what is considered native was once foreign....