good start to season

real good start to the season with my brother and my mate had a fair share of most game so far well happy, been travelling a bit further but been having sum real good nights on the lamp giving my young bitch some real good experience shes only 15 months but shes showing some top potential couldnt ask for anything more out of her, hows everyones elses season going?

• Like 1

Our season so far :

Sept 11th

Went lamping me, nottzhunter and new dog gyp , it was fly's first night this season aswell and caught 5 rabbits - gyp didnt catch nor get a run as we were after a nice squatter for him, Fly made good catches ..top night out.

SECOND NIGHT OUT

second night with nottzhunter and his dog whippet gyp and i was running fly once again.Gyp caught 3 but dropped one and fly caught 5 but to dropped one and cut toe open.

THEN WE WENT FERRETING

We drove out and went on permission , nottzhunter brought gyp whos pretty large for a whippet at 21"tts .His first time ferreting and added 1 more to the 4 netted rabbits.Good daytime catch ,was a huge rabbit aswell.

WENT FERRETING SOLO

Was joined by fly ,Using two cracking jill ferrts and a dozen nets ,fly did well for me catching a couple bolters and pinned some netted ones.Then we biked back with 10 healthy rabbits ,let a small one go.

FERRETING WITH NOTTZHUNTER

Nottzhunter and i got a lift a few mile out with dogs and two gill ferrets .Ferreted a couple rabbits pretty quickly then made our way back over the fields towards the main roads.Caught a couple more rabbits then one ferret decided to stay down.After retrieving one ferret we moved on one more warren and did really well bolting another 6 or so rabbits and managed to catch 4 . Fly scooped two of these up.Went back to warren and found the ferret had surfed , it was holding another live rabbit,not a netted one either.

(ITS NICE TO SEE FLY CATCHING AFTER HER TOE AMPUTATION) .

WENT LONGNETTER RECENTLY

Went out solo catching 7 rabbits with two 50yrd nets and two drops.

LAMPING AGAIN LOCAL

Biked to nottzhunters then went lamping with fly and gyp ,fly caught a big bunny and a rabbit ,gyp caught 1 more rabbit.

Fly is doing well again despite operation last year ,getting fit from bike work .Gype appears to be doing well too for his first season ,well temperd dog like most.Ferrets doing good aswell and are a dream to handle especially underground when your retrieving rabbits from warrens.Nottzhunter has two more albino gills to work NEXT time we go ferreting .

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW
  • Like 1

i have got pics will upload them tomorrow sometime hopefully i will have a few more to add after i go with 123hunter tonight, sounds like you have had a good start REW fair play, this moon is playing with my nerves my bitch has been busting to get out going to go over the bridge tonight hopefully have a few big ears and red ones and then have a quick poach in my local trout lake theres some whoppers in there last time i went we had 11 trout all over 4lb between two of us will upload some pics soon as i can

has been a good start up to yet, gyps still got abit of learning but will have him running well by the end of this season, needless to say fly has been impressive mate and proved shes got heart after what her feets bin through. looking forward to our next time out mate atb

• 3 weeks later...

Gladl all ou lads are having a good season, after a tough year with my father passing and my wife getting breast cancer was looking forward to working the dogs .

The whippet done his cruciate ligament so he's out for the whole season and my pup which I bred and is now 14 months old Is showing absolutely no interest in rabbits at all actually got out the way of a bolting bunny and only sniffs or licks them when I show him a live one and on top of all that there are hardly any rabbits about still things have got to get better right

Happy hunting to all

Gladl all ou lads are having a good season, after a tough year with my father passing and my wife getting breast cancer was looking forward to working the dogs .

The whippet done his cruciate ligament so he's out for the whole season and my pup which I bred and is now 14 months old Is showing absolutely no interest in rabbits at all actually got out the way of a bolting bunny and only sniffs or licks them when I show him a live one and on top of all that there are hardly any rabbits about still things have got to get better right

Happy hunting to all

forgot to. Ention just to add insult to injury my old spaniel got run over and killed last night as well

Happy hunting to all

forgot to. Ention just to add insult to injury my old spaniel got run over and killed last night as well

mention

sorry to hear for your dog pal. the rabbit population round me is p**s poor, but all you can do is keep pushing on and hopefully land a nice plot of land with a decent ammount of rabbit, well the population of them doesnt stop me from hours and hours of mooching with dog and ferret to find new places and most of the time return with 2 maybe 3 rabbits, sometime none :thumbdown:

atb

• Like 1