out for a walk

Well I've been busy most the day so havnt had a chance to walk the pup so decided to go out just before it got dark, took a little tourch with me just so that I can see when I make my way back to the car any way was out longer than what I expected but as it got dark I spotted a few rabbits with the little light and as I dint have the lead with me the tempation was to much! My pups never walked in the dark and seen any rabbits before with a light but as soon as she saw rabbit I gave her a little hiss of encouragment and she was of like a shot! 1st rabbit she turned it twice then it hit the hedge and was gone, my pup hunted up a bit but I dint mind as it was only a walk but she hit another rabbit up out of some long grass but the rabbit straight lined my dog an absolute beaut lol my pup wasnt impressed and had a little growl at the run way through the hedge, I decided to walk a little further up from the common land up to a small paddoc where I have permision to ferret and swith the torch on and there was two rabbits sat out I had the pup by the collar but she pulled up on her hind legs and was squirming a good un to get of! I let her go and under the fence she went only to be twisted and turned by one of the rabbits (the other rabbit was long gone, ill be back to get that one while ferreting haha) as the rabbit she was chasing decided it was gonna dive for the hole my pup grabbed it by the ass and pulled it back I thought fu+kin yes! Her 1st rabbit on the lamp...sort of lol but she dropped it and it dissapeard in the hedge to the left! Well I decided I don't want to push the pup and as being only 8 months old don't want to ruin her through frusration so walked back to the car happy as larry and the pup had a good run for a hour! Now home I have a cup of tea in hand and the pup well fed up on tripe and left over chicken from tea and she is knocked out on the sofa! I can't wait untill a few more months untill I can run the pup properly, got a sneaky felling she may be a good un at least I no she got plenty of preydrive! Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

good read mate, i think your going to have some great sport with that pup in the future,any pics of her? atb (tommy) :thumbs:

I'm on my phone so can't upload any piks atm but if you scroll down the lurcher section I put a post the other day with piks (my pup) atb