I've forgotten my introduction - new member from Argentina

:D Hi, I'm new to this forum and from across the Atlantic Ocean. My name is Juan and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm waiting for a .177 AA S200 to arrive. Meanwhile, I've been doing SOME research in several UK and USA forums (little work for Google).

Also have a .22 BAM B51 (good chinese copy of the Huntsman, I understand) and a .177 GAMO Dynamax, which is the GAMO version of the otherwise excellent BSA Ultra with the same MMC and a longer barrel also made in Birmigham. Nice, powerful and extremely accurate gun. Mind you: 950 fps with.177 JSB Heavies and 1050 fps with .22 JSB RS!!!

Due to import restrictions, new guns and pellets are getting much harder to get, not to mention their prices! We have some very usable (not as handsome as yours), locally produced airguns, but the pellets made in Argentina are not even close to the quality of JSB or H&N but very far from it.

We do hunt here with airguns, mostly pigeons and some kind of little green parrots - which are locally a plague to the agriculture, and a mammal we call "liebre", very similar to your rabbits. There are also "vizcachas", a larger (up to 6-8 kilos) mammals that are delicious eating. There are introduced species like beavers in the far south of Patagonia an even SQUIRRELS some 50 km. from my place. Can't wait for a permission to get a shot at those little beasts!

Best thing here is that we do not have any power restrictions and airguns are not required to be registered. At least for the time being...

My English is probably a little rusty, but I manage to read a lot better than I write. Apologies for mistakes.

Best regards lads from the other side of the world "down there", I mean opposite to where Australia is!

Juan

​hello juan hope you are well and good--- do little green parrots taste nice ???...ATB

There are people who eat them. Most (myself included) don't. They say it is good eating...

Problem is: those parrots, as well as pigeons, come by the hundreds (in some agricultural places by the thousands), so in a lucky day of plague control you may end up with a couple hundred birds in the bag. Bags actually, the type potatos come in 50 kg. pack. You can't sell or give them for free as few people is used to eat them. Usual procedure is to save some pigeons for a meal or two an bury the rest. And the next hunt, you find the same, if not bigger, number of birds. Landowners are forbidden of using poison, and airgunners are very few for such large bird populations. Big problem here mate! And getting worse...