looking for a falconer in newcastle area

sprockerjay

hi i am new on hear i havent got a lot of experiance i flew a friends red tail about 12 yrs ago and loved it i have got a bit of permission where i ferret with a few friends and the shoot i help out on has just gave me permission to fly a hawk on so i am looking for someone in my area to take me under their wing and show me how to go on properly

thanks atb aidy

was going to advise him p.m ing you bear ya got a few contacts haha, chinese, indian, lady boys, bbw :laugh: :laugh:

:toast::D

My mates harris hawk took it's first hare the other day as having a text session with him there, so it's coming on good and I'm thinking of sticking a little aviary out the back now but I'd go for a red tail rather than a harris :thumbs:

some say a red tail over a harris ive flown bothe over the years and i wouldnt like to pick between them the red tail is a nice bird but over rated in my oppinion the harris does just as good a job

some say a red tail over a harris ive flown bothe over the years and i wouldnt like to pick between them the red tail is a nice bird but over rated in my oppinion the harris does just as good a job

True mate, I like both of them but just fancy getting a red tail ;)

handy birds got size and power on their side, if proper fit they feckin awesome, but they can be tempremantal, harris will give you a greater range of game and generaly an easier time (not easy easy though), its more about what land and quarry you have to go at, won't go far wrong with a harris imho

thanks for that do you think he would be up for taking on a trainee cheers

He probably will take you under his wing (no pun intended :laugh: ) as he is a sound lad and said on a post he did for me on another site that he doesn't mind helping mentoring people to look after birds properly :thumbs: . He uses his birds for his work so keeps them in top condition :victory:

also worth getting some quality reading in pal, Nick Fox book Understanding Birds of Prey is essential, the answer to most questions will be in there, Falconry and Hawking by P Glasier also an essential one to get, between em you wont go wrong and they will get you a few steps ahead before hands on time comes.

• Like 1

handy birds got size and power on their side, if proper fit they feckin awesome, but they can be tempremantal, harris will give you a greater range of game and generaly an easier time (not easy easy though), its more about what land and quarry you have to go at, won't go far wrong with a harris imho

True mate, harris are less mental than reds :laugh: , my mate Cityhunter has a smashing male harris that I fell in love with :icon_redface: . I liked his pere/praire hybrid as well till it whacked me on the head and left a 2" gash :cray::laugh:

True mate, harris are less mental than reds :laugh: , my mate Cityhunter has a smashing male harris that I fell in love with :icon_redface: . I liked his pere/praire hybrid as well till it whacked me on the head and left a 2" gash :cray::laugh:

lol I got footed in the head last year be a FHH, some amount of pain :cray: am flying a hybrid falcon at the moment and gotta say its been a pleasure to own so far, but I do miss hunting bush etc with the harris , so versatile they are, truly amazing hunters vastly underated imho

• Like 1

got a few books falconry +hawking pglasier the modern falconer diane durman walters falconry art and practise emma ford training birds of prey jemima parry jones had them for a few years now

nice one pal, hope you get some luck getting a mentor sorted, sounds like you might though :victory: I spent years reading books and thinking about taking the plunge, just wish Id done it sooner, best of luck mate ;)