fish finder

hi,

they are a must on a sea fishing boat, you are fishing so blind without one,i used to have garmin ones on my boats over the years and they worked really well,there not that dear to buy really,you dont need to buy the most exspencive one,and the cheap ones dont have a good definition picture,go in the middle,about £120-£160 should get a good one,

hope this helps,

tillylamp

ray marine and worth every penny especially if you hit a good mark save it with the finder and next time you go out it will plot you straight to the mark also good for finding dips or gullies where fish are, tells you the depth of the water your fishing in also shows you where wrecks are which is important nobody wants to anchor on a wreck!!!

atb stu

• 3 weeks later...

I have a fish finder and GPS on my Orkney I find I don't use the fish finder as much any more as I've got marks plotted but it i normally use my fish finder to see the bottom. So you can tell when your drifting over a wreck you can tell when the drift is over and you need to start again. Mine has a colour screen but my old one didn't I can see much difference between them except the price. You can get a good one for around 150.