Air Arms S200 Accuracy

Alright Lads

I posted on here a few weeks ago about me being worried that my s200 was losing power when firing. well i finally got it chronied today and basically, its not. shooting just under 12lb/ft solidly throughout all 40 shots. so its an accuracy thing. the guns gone from shooting pellet on top of pellet using AA diablo fields to having like a 2 inch group at 30 yards!! any ideas what this could be?? any advice would be much appreciated!

ATB

Jim

I once went from P on P to close on missing the target!

Really put a dampner on the evening in the paddock :yes:

Packed up and went home to initially clean the barrel.

As I picked my baby up to clean the barrel I felt the stock move slightly :hmm:

For some unknown reason the nut rhat holds the stock on (through the grip) had somehow come loose!

Only a little but it was enough to cause a major problem with accuracy. Tightened it up again, next day she was back to her usual performance :drinks:

There are a number of factors that can cause accuracy problems the above being just one. Others include:

Knocked barrel (but this usually only changes POI and grouping is unafected)

Pellet clipping the silencer (POI goes to pot and grouping goes to Blunderbus pattern)

A change of pellet (usually because of pellet weight, shape and composition)

Most often a Filthy barrel! I only clean my barrel when accuracy begins to suffer ie the groups open up more than 3/4 of an inch.

Tony

• Like 1

I have noticed the latest batch of AA fields are more more prone to spiralling down range, usually affecting longer range more than 25 yds.

Sometimes we all try too hard and shooting springers has a lot to do with confidence. once confidence is lost I for one just get larger groups untill I chill out a bit.

The only other thing I can put forward is has the sound or vibration changed, could mean the internals are ready for a re lube...

hope you get it sorted,

Steve

S200 is a PCP Steve,

I think you may be thinking of the AA TX200? But yes missing a couple of shots on the trott does knock the confidance and you are quite correct, a chillout does indeed help, both with springers and pnuematics :yes:

Tony

Definitely try a barrel clean 1st mate. Be sure to fire 30 or so pellets through it to re-lead the barrel before you judge its accuracy. After that, i would check for pellet clipping and check the mod adapter (if it has 1) and the barrel itself. Also make sure the pellets are going into the breach ok and are not getting deformed in any way :thumbs:

Basically try the simple things 1st :thumbs:

S200 is a PCP Steve,

I think you may be thinking of the AA TX200? But yes missing a couple of shots on the trott does knock the confidance and you are quite correct, a chillout does indeed help, both with springers and pnuematics :yes:

Tony

OOPs looks like I got the AA,s crossed. It wasn't even late in the day so can rule out the beer....