A quick shine with Blackstaff

The weathers been absolutely perfect all week, blowing a gale and drizzling nicely but i didnt manage to get out til last night as my wifes still struggling with her broken leg and needed a bit of TLC. Blackstaff has been in the same boat due to early starts so we decided to get out for a quick shine last night.

The weather wasnt as good as the last few days but wasnt bad. We went to a bit of ground i've only been on once this season. The rabbits werent out in force on most of the ground but a couple of fields gave us good sport with rabbits far out in the field.

We had about five runs each with my bitch Willow picking up three and Blackstaffs bitch Pearl taking one.

The highlight of the night was a rabbit Willow was on that ran straight into a horses leg, caused a bit of a stampede and then was caught by the tip of its tail through a stock fence and still managed to escape leaving Willow with the tip of its tail fur!

It wasnt a massive bag night or even a long night but we had an enjoyable hour and a half and the dogs got a stretch. The only downer was Willow opening up a scar under her stopper that she did last season but its nothing major.

Myself and Matt had a shine last night at the golf course. He ran the new dog. Not many bunnies out but we had some decent runs. That dogs coming on nicely for him, running and turning well, a completely different animal to the wreck we picked up. Paddy pulled out the NV eyesight again and we had another kill off of the lamp.