Puma .22lr Rifles

Not the Air Rifles!

I understand these are CZ "copies"hmm1.gif , and apparently the 5 and 9 shot metal mags fit CZ (not sure which models).

Never heard of them before but they seem cheap, complete package of rifle scope mod £325 synthetic, £245 wood!

Also, and very interesting, replacement stock synthetic or wood £50.

Does that fit CZ?????

I know nothing of these rifles, they may be complete pants for all I know but that begs some questions!hmm1.gif

All I know is Highland Outdoors seems to import them, Anyone throw anymore light on these?

good.gif

the mags do fit and the action is a copy of the cz, the first imports were very poor with the actions being as rough as old boots. the ones now are far, far better and are a cheap alternative to the cz, although personally i would go for a second hand cz over a new puma all the time.

I had one of these up untill 2 weeks ago. Now traded in for a 455 varmint.

Yes they are cheap but they do exactly what it sais on the tin!!

Mine would shoot bunnies at 100 yards no problem. Had mine for nearly a year and never a problem once. Not too sure they would last years but a good starter rifle, for me anyway.

I assume they are re-branded Norinco going by the JW15 model number and suspect the Sterling ones are the same but I've only seen Puma advertised with 16 inch barrel. Based on CZ model 1 rather than 2 so the trigger would be harder to fettle.

Trigger is a bit stiff but to be honest with you it was no worse that my new cz455 before I fitted a kit to it!!!

Having gone over to the Czech now there is a difference in performance but if you get used to firing the puma I wouldn't knock them.

The puma is like owning an entry level fiat, the cz with the kit fitted is like a top of the range Audi.