Firearms variation

I currently have a 17hmr on a closed licence for tha last 9 months, I have used it for rabbits but mainly foxes I find my self needing a bigger rifle so this is my problem

1. Is it to soon 2 apply for a open cert

2 if it's granted will I my next gun be open straight away

3. Can I apply for 223 open now

All advice welcome cheers

I got told when i applied bu the fire arms guy to apply for an open licence when you renew for the 1st time so 5 years, as for getting a 223 you may get it granted but all depends again on your local police, or you might need a mentor for a bit, and if you put it on they will charge you for adding it.

Atb

Froudy

Hi

Im Derbyshire force and they said my cert would open on the first renewal unless you show good reason,I managed to get open after 7 ish months by writing to them and kept asking for land checks,at first they refused but when I wrote back asking for a actual reason why and that I didn't think that a simple no wasn't a fair answer they couldn't actually give me one as I had previous experience and used buckets of ammo,I also added that if the trusted me to make a safe shot on the land they said was suitable why wouldn't I do that on land I deemed suitable, so it came back open that was 4 1/2 year ago on .22 .17 hmr, my 223 is closed as I only got that two years ago but it will be open in feb 2013 on renewal, I've never asked for it to be opened as the land I shoot that on is more than big enough,if you show good reason I'm sure that will help just ring and ask,

Atb