A few nights out with the Whippets

Had our first look out of the season a couple of weeks ago with Cassie and Tara as the wind was up and it was nice and dark. Both dogs were doing well then Tara seemed to go off the boil and looked like she couldn't turn properly, so we checked her over and she'd split one of her stoppers wide open so we had to call it a night with her.

We carried on a bit further with Cassie, doing a few more fields - she was running really well carrying on from where she left off last year. One of the runs that stood out was when she boxed a rabbit off getting between the rabbit and home, keeping it away from the hedge, turning it 3 or 4 times before snapping it up and retrieving it back to us.

We had to cut the night short because on her last run the rabbit took Cassie over a farm track and when she came back she'd ripped her front nail and the quick clean off, so we ended the night with 16 rabbits - 4 for Tara before her injury and 12 for Cassie. So we had 2 injured dogs - what a start to the season!!

DSCF3393.jpg

While Tara and Cassie were injured we took Penny for a look out with Lucy:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSCF2020.jpg

DSCF3406.jpg

DSCF3408-1.jpg

Then out with Tara and Cassie after recovering from their injuries - keeping them ticking over:

DSCI0013-3.jpg

DSCI0018.jpg

DSCF2078.jpg

DSCF2093.jpg

• Like 4

Some nice dogs you have also like your photos.

Was out myself this evening with my dog Murphy,He hit a wire fence while in pursuit, lucky really he bounced off with no cuts or breaks, my heart was in my mouth. minutes later he spotted a rabbit crossing the field, had a good run and made some good turns before making his catch....atb.

Edited by northwestmitch
  • 3 weeks later...