sonic 35 sound mod

hi, two of us have recenly bought a sonic 35 sound mod in 22-250 they are a new model that have only been on sale a few months, we were really pleased with them at the start but are finding that the rifles will no longer hold zero after only a few shots after being set up they will be wildly out we have now both taken them off now as the rifles are unusable has anyone eles had any experience with these moderators good or bad

thanks

hi, two of us have recenly bought a sonic 35 sound mod in 22-250 they are a new model that have only been on sale a few months, we were really pleased with them at the start but are finding that the rifles will no longer hold zero after only a few shots after being set up they will be wildly out we have now both taken them off now as the rifles are unusable has anyone eles had any experience with these moderators good or bad

thanks

You dont mention if the rifle now holds zero with the mod removed? if it does then obviously that is the problem, firstly how is the threading job on the rifle, if the mod is not on straight the bullet will clip the inside of the mod with obvious results,again with mod fitted does the barell touch the stock IE no longer free floating, again no good, is the rifle grouping well initially with the mod fitted then losing zero after a few shots,mod comming loose may be the cause? I would check all the above before condemning the mod,then if possible try to borrow another make of mod and try that,if your rifle shoots true then perhaps (and this is the most unlikely cause) it simply does not suit the rifle, good luck mate let us know how you get on.

ive had the rifle for 4 years and hardly ever have to alter it, just check it when on new ammo and if i havent used it for a while. The other rifle has had its removed and re zeroed and had a successful night out but its abit too early to tell yet, it seems a coincidence that we are both struggling i havent had chance to do anything to mine yet but i have got a different model of the same make of mod to try which has been out along time and gets good reviews, it is bigger and heavier though which is why i didnt choose it first time round. We are both shooting the same rifle a tikka t3 light so it could be possible that the mod doesnt suit the gun, they are both factory threaded though so should be true.

thanks

You dont mention if the rifle now holds zero with the mod removed? if it does then obviously that is the problem, firstly how is the threading job on the rifle, if the mod is not on straight the bullet will clip the inside of the mod with obvious results,again with mod fitted does the barell touch the stock IE no longer free floating, again no good, is the rifle grouping well initially with the mod fitted then losing zero after a few shots,mod comming loose may be the cause? I would check all the above before condemning the mod,then if possible try to borrow another make of mod and try that,if your rifle shoots true then perhaps (and this is the most unlikely cause) it simply does not suit the rifle, good luck mate let us know how you get on.

More common than you think ! I have a .260 that has a thin sporter barrel it is a sub 7lb rifle so i bought an a-tec cmm4 light weight mod for it. It shot 1' left and 10" high.

So far that i did not have enough movement on the scope to zero. I then put my ase s5 on which is over twice the weight of the a-tec and it is now perfect.

To be honest never heard such a load of crap if the thread is done right and there is nothing wrong with the mod just rezero and it should not move your point of impact once done, Woodydog.

Unless of course the mod is comming loose after a few zeroing shots as it heats up,and I have seen it (admittedly) only once or twice where a rifle has shot like crap with a certain moderator on, only to shoot very well when it has been swapped for another make,it could of course be a scope problem,try another scope and see how it performs then.

To be honest never heard such a load of crap if the thread is done right and there is nothing wrong with the mod just rezero and it should not move your point of impact once done, Woodydog.

Unless of course the mod is comming loose after a few zeroing shots as it heats up,and I have seen it (admittedly) only once or twice where a rifle has shot like crap with a certain moderator on, only to shoot very well when it has been swapped for another make,it could of course be a scope problem,try another scope and see how it performs then.

Hi yes you have a point if it was one gun and mod but the o/p said it was two guns that were doing the same so it looks like the mod not the scope and if they were comeing loose they must have checked for that its the first thing you would look at. Atb Woodydog.

I don't know this mod, I've heard of the sonic 45, are they related, anyone got any details/links?

Cheers

Hi the Sonic mods are being made for Highland outdoors if you look on their web sight it should give you all the information. Atb Woodydog.

I don't know this mod, I've heard of the sonic 45, are they related, anyone got any details/links?

Cheers

Hi the Sonic mods are being made for Highland outdoors if you look on their web sight it should give you all the information. Atb Woodydog.

Thanks for this BUT I only see the Sonic 45 on their site, is it me or is this talk of the sonic 35 a typo???? :hmm:

EDIT

Found them now! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker