Saluki greyhound first cross - which sire x dam

Just to bring this back up rather the me start a new topic. The first x saluki greyhound all ways seems to throw more to the greyhound side, this seems to be with using greyhound bitches, does using a pure saluki bitch make a difference, or is the litter still come more like the greyhound, smooth ect even when using a saluki bitch?

A few first crosses seem to be good for here in ireland with the smaller fields ect, but a lot seem to get injured a lot too, due them taking more to the greyhound.

Ok, thanks. I have never seen a first x that the bitch was saluki yet over here, their most likely is, but i have not seen any. It seems most lads use a greyhound bitch as they are so much easier to get hold of. I also think, most of the salukis that are used for breeding, are not a 100% prooven, they have not had 4 seasons under their belts, but they also, some, seem to produce well, but i think this then leeds to money making and the poor dogs get bred from each time they come into heat, or the studs not getting out much and are their for just that, mating, not getting any stimulation mentaly, just taken out their kennel or box to mate bitches, to me personally, that's not what its about!!

In the passed, a good first x saluki greyhound that was bred well, was very good most of the time, their was a high % of workers in the litter as well. compared to other strains. Good pot fillers.

Prehaps a good first cross back to a saluki would be better if brought on right, less injury prone ect...?

Ok, thanks. I have never seen a first x that the bitch was saluki yet over here, their most likely is, but i have not seen any. It seems most lads use a greyhound bitch as they are so much easier to get hold of. I also think, most of the salukis that are used for breeding, are not a 100% prooven, they have not had 4 seasons under their belts, but they also, some, seem to produce well, but i think this then leeds to money making and the poor dogs get bred from each time they come into heat, or the studs not getting out much and are their for just that, mating, not getting any stimulation mentaly, just taken out their kennel or box to mate bitches, to me personally, that's not what its about!!

In the passed, a good first x saluki greyhound that was bred well, was very good most of the time, their was a high % of workers in the litter as well. compared to other strains. Good pot fillers.

Prehaps a good first cross back to a saluki would be better if brought on right, less injury prone ect...?

my half x saluki sire and greyhound dampost-49402-0-30970700-1375989793.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the pic, grand looking dog. :thumbs:

I was talking to a man a few months ago, he said something interesting, he said that a sprint greyhound bitch is better to use with a saluki, then a staying one, as their is enough stamina coming from the saluki to cover it. Not sure if anyone out their has done this with sucsess ? I was all ways lead to believe that you needed to use a staying long distance running greyhound.. ?

hi guys

I am relatively new to hunting with lurchers I have a bull greyhound x collie whippet bitch, pretty much a big whippet. She' s a great dog, good worker and great at home with kids etc. I'll get some pictures up once I get to grips with the site.

I am looking to get another and I'm thinking about a bull greyhound x saluki. I just just wanted some feed back from other with some experience with this cross?

Cheers

my half x saluki sire and greyhound dam doshhhhh fittttttt.jpg
Very smart looking dog mate hows he geting on out on the feilds has it got the speed staying power and so on